Blue-Sun
    So as mentioned in another thread, the GF and I cleaned both our cars this weekend. She has these plastic floormats, because her parents live in the country, and they have a gravel and mud driveway. So anyways, she mentions that they need cleaning, after we washed her car. So we throw them in my trunk and go to wash my car (after her`s is dried and returned home.)

So I put them on those floor matt holders at the coin-op car wash (we live in an apartment.) I`ve done that before with her mats, and scrubbed the ish out of them with that brush and soap, never to get any deep dirt marks off them. So I thought to myself, I`ll use A2Z on them, just to see if it works, as I hod only a tiny bit left of it, not enought for 2 wheels, so I finished it off on the mats.

I then washed them off, and viola! no more dirt or grease on them. I made sure to soak them good and air dry for a while, while we dried my car, and took them home and let the air dry some more. They look good as new now. . .the wonders of A2Z. . .love that stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh. I`ll give it a shot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Simple Green, or a good degreaser will do the same. Actually, if you apply spray Fantastik right on the mats, they`ll work wonders. Just be careful not to splash any on your car when you are rinsing, or all you waxing efforts will be gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. I tried A2Z on my rubber mats too. Miraculous!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ever put some dressing on them after the deep cleaning?

Gosh I think I can upload some pictures tonight if I get my camera back and I restored some BMw rubber mats. Rinsed them then soaked the things in Vinylex, then buffed with a cotton towel. Not very slippery, a new black look with a medium sheen.

I think diluted Vinylex 50/50 with water, or some 303 would have provided the low sheen/rich look.

Thread Information