Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Thanks to Anthony Orosco I purchased an "EZ Detail" brush from, http://www.topoftheline.com/ezmotdetbrus.html. Anthony told me how great it was for reaching those hard to get places. I bought it about 2 months ago but I just put it on the shelf. :nixweiss

However, a few days ago I was washing my car and decided to try it on the wheels like Anthony suggested to clean the entire wheel quickly and make it look like I removed the wheel to clean both sides. Wow! It worked great! Even I could do it!

Yes, I know. Pictures are needed. My father and mother are still on a trip to Texas and have my digital camera with them so I will have to wait until they return to take a picture or 12.

Thanks again Anthony.

Brad

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, is this the motorcycle brush?

http://www.topoftheline.com/tolae/ezmotdetbrus.html

It was the only "EZ" brush that I saw...
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That is the one! You will love it.

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad,

Glad I could be of help. I have 5 of those EZ brushes and I use them all over the cars I detail. I am making a suggestion that the developer of that brush make a smaller version.

They are great for cleaning hard to reach areas on engines, door jams and even wheel wells.

The one bad drawback is the back splash from your wheels as you draw the brush out. After a few dirty wheels it looks like I have a face full of blackheads!!!

Take care,

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I too found out about the splatter the hard way. I found that if I twist it as I am pulling it out of the wheel it helps a little.

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll try it this weekend

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

The one bad drawback is the back splash from your wheels as you draw the brush out. After a few dirty wheels it looks like I have a face full of blackheads!!!

Especially after cleaning those factory 16" BBS style wheels on the BMW 740s, eh?

I`ll have to check into those brushes.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Yep, those BMW`s really build up on the brake dust and the smaller the holes the more splatter you get.

Brad`s note of twisting the brush as you remove it helps as does removing it slowly.

Scott if you are doing a car like a Porsche with wide open wheels this EZ Brush is your best friend. As you know, no matter how clean the outside of the wheels are they still look unfinished if the inside is all black and grimy with brake dust. I spray a bit of Simple Green all over the wheel then work the EZ Brush all over the inside of the wheel through the open wheel slots. Rinse it out and BAM! Clean wheels inside and out. On my weekly washes I realy don`t need to use any cleaner I just run the EZ Brush around there and continue with the wash.

Please post your results if you get one..or five.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Thread Information