Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine asked me this... how abrasive (relative to other detailing products) is TW rubbing compund and polishing compound? He bought the little tubs at meijer and tried to fix a spot on his mirror that rubbed again the garage. He started with polishing compound and got no where, then switched to rubbing compound. It got the major spot out (somewhat) but "dulled" the finish around it. He is going to bring it by for me to look at it... but he did bring up a good question as I have not seen these listed in abrasive lists before and I am curious. I am hoping some simple DACP should fix him up though

Post Thanks / Like
    In my young and stupid days, I tried TW rubbing compound on my old truck. Hazed the finished. It was until I discovered SMR that I got the haze out. So don`t worry, DACP will take care of it.

I don`t know exactly how abrasive it is, but the results looked similar to what one gets with Meguiar`s Heavy Cut cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried the red tub Rubbing Compound (it sounds very strong - try a search), but the green tub Polishing Compound isn`t really that strong when you use it with a damp applicator as suggested. I don`t like using it though. I understand that the liquid rubbing compound is not quite as strong as its paste brother though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 4DSC

I haven`t tried the red tub Rubbing Compound (it sounds very strong - try a search), but the green tub Polishing Compound isn`t really that strong when you use it with a damp applicator as suggested. I don`t like using it though. I understand that the liquid rubbing compound is not quite as strong as its paste brother though.

I figure it must be. He said he only went over it a few times and it did a LOT. I figure some DACP will fix that

Thread Information