Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, firstly, love the site, i`ve been an avid novice car detailer for many years now using zaino but when i came across this site, wow, so far i am learning alot and i want to stick by zaino but i have a few questions about using different products together, please give me your thoughts. Thank you.

From what i`ve been reading so far Klasse is a very good product and i am interested in using it. However i do not see a carwash line associated with them so i was wondering if could use P21S Bodyworks Shampoo (http://www.properautocare.com/p2bodconsham.html) to first prep and clean the car.

(before i continue, a little background, the car is a 2002 transam, repainted in March of 03 to electron blue, pretty much cured but the entire front end, nose, hood and fenders were recently repainted about a week to 2 weeks ago)

Than use the Klasse AIO to remove any oxidation, and mask the swirls etc, and on top of that the Klasse SG.

Now what i mentioned above is really a polish & glaze duo, so how about protection than? I know the SG is supposed to protect but i want to be able to pile also and anyone who knows about zaino knows piling is key with it.

Which brings me to my next questions, after my SG can i wash the car and start using Zaino show car polish or does this really defeat the purpose? According to Klasse`s FAQ, many detailers use a carnuba wax over the SG for that extra wow shine, so i guess its OK to put something over it, although zaino is not a wax.

Anyway, please let me know guys, you`ve all been extremely helpful thus far. Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can layer Klasse SG to your heart`s content. I find that 4-6 coats is the sweet spot, diminishing returns after that. P21S shampoo is fine to use with it

Topping SG with a carnauba is popular here.

No bonding issues with layering Klasse and Zaino from what I have read..but don`t really see the point, I`d pick one or the other and stick with it.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost any carwash shampoo should work fine with Klasse, including Z7 if you have it.

Klasse is a polymer sealant system just like Zaino except it has the AIO pre-cleaner. Klasse SG is NOT a real glaze despite its name. It`s basically kind of like Z5 in intent, but don`t expect miracles from Klasse if you have anything worse than minor oxidation or swirls...

Post Thanks / Like
    The car`s paint is new and in very good condition, only areas that need attention are the dull areas that the painter didn`t really get into after it came out of the booth, that can be taken care of with 3M Finesse-IT III to bring the shine up.

I am just interested in seeing what Klasse can do considering i`ve heard so many good things about it. Anyone else care to share they`re products and techniques? I would really appreciate it.

I do see your point with piling zaino on top of it but hey it might bring out a totally different shine we`ll have to see.

Post Thanks / Like
    ttt

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse is good stuff (if a bit finicky to use) but like ANY wax or sealant it really only looks as good as the prep work done before hand. Basically you should try to get the paint as perfect as possible before proceeding to the final finishing/protecting steps for best results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice, i definitly intend to, there is so much stuff out there it is rather overwhelming but i am going to give klasse a try and see how it comes out on my blue, if not i guess i`ll keep trying. Thanks!

Thread Information