Post Thanks / Like
    A guy who owns a 93 Chevy P/U comes in on Friday to have a new exhaust put on. Teal Green kinda color, chrome factory rims. Propably the most cleanest truck I`ve seen for someone who doesn`t know much about cars, the engine is spotless and paint is just flawless and very little if any swirls. I asked him how do you keep it so nice?????? This is our conversation

Me: "How do you keep your truck so clean and nice???

Guy: I`m what you would call a fanatic, I like to keep my truck clean and nice and I wash it weekly

Me: What wax do you use, do you have a buffer???

Guy: I don`t wax it,

Me: what !!?!!??????

Guy: you`ve heard of meguiars professional, right????

Me: yea

Guy: I just use that and buy it by the gallon because I`m lazy and it`s to damn hard to do it by hand. Weekly, I wash it with some car wash soap, and I don`t go to the Automatic places because I personally think there junk. So what I do is wash it by hand with some car wash stuff and just use that quick wax stuff every time I wash it. Just spritz some on, wipe it around, flip your towel over and buff it to a nice shine, works great.

Me: That`s all you use???

Guy: That`s it!! I`ve never hand waxed it before since I bought it new brand spankin new.

I saw his engine too, says he just takes some Simple Green diluted down in a little windex spray bottle, let it sit and rinse it off. He;s also aware that you have to cover electricals.

I know this sounds like bs to some of you but I kid you not, this guy`s truck looks absolutely fantastic for a 93 and 113K miles. What`s y`all`s opinion on this??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn`t sound like BS to me. I`ve known quite a few people who never wax their vehicles and they always looked great. It does take committed regular maintenance, though, and that guy sounds like he`s got a good plan.

I have a good friend who had a tricked out BMW 318ti. Was on the cover of several magazines, featured in other articles and used in ads and various catalogs. In the 3.5 years he owned the car it was washed twice and polished out only once, right after he got it.

I`ve also met older guys who absolutely do not believe in wax or polish. They think the stuff does more harm than good. They might be a little out of touch with today`s technology but their cars look great with just washing.

All it takes is regular effort and you`ll get excellent results. No different than those OCD people who buy super-expensive synthetic oil and get every oil change analysed and plug all that into spreadsheets..... compared to the guy who changes his oil every 3K with whatever is on sale and some cheapo filter and still get 150,000+ miles out of his engine.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    :up

At first when I heard it, I thought to myself,,,"NO WAY, YEA RIGHT!!!! he explained it, you did and just seems that between the guys who buy the super expensive for there car, maybe helping it somewhat but to a point anyway, no offense guys.

I`ll admit it straight up here that I can be one of those guys when it comes to oil. Amsoil all the way, analysis, but it gets alittle pricey and sometimes I just not do the analysis thing. Tks bret,,,,,91

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too, Redline lubricants throughout the vehicle but it runs better now than it ever has with 60,000 miles on the clock.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Thread Information