Post Thanks / Like
    If you use Z1, according to the instructions, you apply Z2/Z5 immediately afterwards so you have to wait for Z1 and Z2/Z5 to dry together before buffing off. My question is then, since Z1 is still wet when you apply Z2/Z5, has anyone tried mixing some Z1 and Z2/Z5 in a ZFX bottle like in a 50/50 or 33/66 ratio and then applying it like this? It would save a step of two separate applications being combined into a single application.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your Z1 is still wet after you apply it, I think you are applying to much. My Z1 is hazed over by the time I finish applying it to a car (I spend my time making sure Z1 covers the car on initial application, about 20 minutes on a medium sized sedan.) If I have time, I let it sit for 20-30 minutes after applying it,then I apply the Z2/Z5 on top and let dry, after about an hour, its ready to be buffed. I use about 3/4 of Z1 on a medium sized sedan, 1 ounce for a SUV.

I never thought about mixing Z1 with Z2/Z5 into a mixing bottle before, BUT I would not recommend this (after some thought), as Z1 or Z2/Z5 might not mix properly or the Z1 won`t be provding a good base for the Z2/Z5 since it is already mixed in with Z2/Z5 making it weaker in preparing the surface. I found Z1 to have a little glazing effect, really provides a nice base for the Z2/Z5 (to make an analogy, Klasse AIO preparing the surface for SG, I know apples to oranges, but along the same lines.)

Its worth a shot, but also instructions are instructions I wouldn`t doubt Sal`s method of applying it, I bet he already tried the Z1 and Z2/Z5 mixed together. if that was possible, why would a product like that exist, throwing out the need for Z1 and possible ZFX.

Just my 2 cents.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JasonC8301

If your Z1 is still wet after you apply it, I think you are applying to much. My Z1 is hazed over by the time I finish applying it to a car

Z1 dries that quickly? Never used it, only use ZFX but it`s so bloody expensive for that small vial!

Post Thanks / Like
    The ZFX treats up to 16 ounces, that tiny vial will surely last you a while, only need to use ZFX once (garage queen) a year, twice (daily driver) a year, or whenever you want more than 1 coat per day.

Yes the Z1 hazes/dries that quickly, about 5-10 minutes for me in 80 degree temps and low humidity (20%.)

Its been a month or about a month since I bought my Z1, I am down to one and a half ounces (gave 3 oz. away in samples, used 3 and 1/2 ounces.) So I just bought another bottle of it from my Z distributer (picked up 12 applicator pads for a fellow autopian in trade.) I still have a unopened ZFX kit and I am sending my barely used ZFX vial over to Jngrbrdman for some testing (gosh thought the PO closed at 2PM, they closed at 1, package will be sent Monday.)

The Z1 is just so easy to use IMHO. Don`t need to mix up the stuff, apply it in 20-30 minutes taking my time. Put on some Z2/Z5 and let dry for an hour or so. During this drying time you can be doing other stuff to your ride, cleaning the inside, dressing tires and wheel wells, polishing metal, then wah your hands grab somer towels and start removing Z (I use a 100% cotton towel to break Zaino, the MF to buff.) Only $9 a bottle too.

Thread Information