Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I `ve been on this site for a couple of months now and have always seen people say after a wash or between waxes or daily give it a QD.

Well, I bought some a couple weeks ago and the first time I used it was sort of --so what,,,,

I`ve got a 01 Miata with 2 coats of Zymol on--let`s not start on the +/- of Zymol, it`s coming off in the fall and I`ll be following a different path. Anyway as you might think the surface had a lot of minor scratches/swirls , etc.

So tonite with my wife yakking with her girl friend, I went out to the garage with my QD for another round (washwed earlier today.

I did the whole car, then went back and did the hood/truck and really gave it some pressure--look`s a whole bunch better--doesn`t even look like scratches are there. now I know this isn`t going to last etc, etc.

The point is--how much pressure for a QD?? How much of a difference does it make.. Now anxious to try it on my Explorer which has 26 on it.

comments please

Post Thanks / Like
    Little to no pressure when QD`ing. Increased pressure means greater chance for scratches/swirls.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t really use any pressure when quick detailing. Just enough to keep the towel on the surface.

I actually don`t QD vehicles with dirt on them. I prefer to wash them if I can and I`ll only use a quick detailer on light dust.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t use any pressure either. Just QD and a light wipe with the microfiber towel is enough.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I hear what all you guys are saying and that`s exactly how I used it the first time and I came away with nearly no impact on the surface--QD and MF was used.

Last nite was QD and a terry and I guess lite to moderate pressure on just the hood and trunk--it really made a diff

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn`t QD normally advised to remove bug & bird residue from the surface? Because if so, these products are incredibly hard to remove without fairly significant pressure.
    modernvehiclesonline.tk

`93 Thunderbird SC

Black 5spd 3.8L supercharged

Post Thanks / Like
    Not always. I usually can get most bird bombs off alright if I just let it soak for a bit first. I`m not sure QD is supposed to be used for bug splatter though. I don`t remember my QDs ever mentioning that.

I`m not sure what happened in your case Joe, but QDing should normally be done with as little pressure as possible. The only time when using any pressure sometimes helps is if you`re trying to buff out some stubborn residue.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like you are expecting some sort of "results" from QDing and in my experience the QDing does not do anything beyond helping to remove dust or dirt without having to wash. My truck shines after I QD but no more than it does after washing and drying. I thought that was all I could expect from QDing.

Maybe I am wrong but I thought that QDing was primarily a quick and easy fix sort of thing so I didn`t have to wash a slightly dirty truck. I don`t have any expectations beyond that so I`m pretty easy to please when it come to QDing
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Qding is one of those areas where experiences are all over the map. Other than bird bombs and severe bug splatters (yes, it works great on bugs) and even then ONLY ON AN OTHERWISE CLEAN CAR (if not clean, I just wash it), I ONLY use QD`s after I wash. In MY experience, it gives an extra "pop" and slickness to an otherwise already great finish. Sometmes it`s a subtle difference..

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont use the stuff myself..but thats just me

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JimS

Maybe I am wrong but I thought that QDing was primarily a quick and easy fix sort of thing so I didn`t have to wash a slightly dirty truck. I don`t have any expectations beyond that so I`m pretty easy to please when it come to QDing

I do notice a slight increase in gloss after QD but there is a noticeable increase in slickness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by iceman

I do notice a slight increase in gloss after QD but there is a noticeable increase in slickness.

I agree, but it depends on which QD you are using.

I notice a great deal of slickness with Z6, Eagle One, and Showtime, but not Meguiar`s QD.

I sometimes use Meguiar`s Quik Wax as a QD.....makes the surface very, very slick.....slightly more pressure is required.
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Luster

I agree, but it depends on which QD you are using.

I notice a great deal of slickness with Z6, Eagle One, and Showtime, but not Meguiar`s QD.

I sometimes use Meguiar`s Quik Wax as a QD.....makes the surface very, very slick.....slightly more pressure is required.

I use Z6. How would you rank the slickness between Z6, Showtime, EO Wet W&S, and Meg FI if you have tried it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by iceman

I use Z6. How would you rank the slickness between Z6, Showtime, EO Wet W&S, and Meg FI if you have tried it?

Haven`t used Final Inspection, but of the ones you listed, Z6 is the "slickest"....
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    I notice a big difference after I use E.O.WnS. If you go over the hood roof and trunk 3 times it will fill minor swirls. Meguiars Quick Detailer wont do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information