Post Thanks / Like
    WOuld I hurt the paints finish if I used AIO after every wash. I love the look of the car after using AIO. Would I need to put a coat of wax over top or would AIO be enough to protect my paints finish.

Also, what is your recipe for the PERFECT SHINE? I have been experimenting with AIO, Blackfire and others. There has to be a simple combo that works the best. Again, a wash and AIO is a nice shine. Do you really need more products to make it better or is it overkill (just trying to simplify the process)???:up

Post Thanks / Like
    do aio and s100(same thing as p21s, can be had at a harley shop for about half the price of p21s). aio by itself is nice, but i would always top aio for a better look and some better durability. aio by itself will last a month tops depending on the weather.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    recommend Sealant Glaze over the AIO ... you can really tell you are getting additional depth with the topping. I just finished a detail on my new M3 ... Wash (no clay bar ... didn`t need it) 2 AIO, 3 SG and 3 Souveran ... works every time on every color scheme ... peace

Post Thanks / Like
    I would NOT use AIO every time I washed. Too high in solvents which will affect your clearcoat over time, essentially drying it out.

If you want some extra shine after washing, top the AIO with a pure carnauba wax as has been suggested.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Interesting AIO would dry out clear coat. So how often can you use AIO? Twice a year, once a month. Not sure why it will damage the clearcoat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Every time I change oil in my daughter`s car, I wash with MGC and then AIO. Thats about every four or five months. The Toyota 4runner sets out 24/7. Four months is about the limit for AIO depending on the weather. If you clay first and AIO and top with 3x SG protection should last through the winter(about 9 months).

good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash, clay, AIO, SG (x3), every five or six months. Wash, whenever you feel compelled/obsessed! This for a new car...older cars, it`s a different ball game...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MTO44

Thanks. Interesting AIO would dry out clear coat. So how often can you use AIO? Twice a year, once a month. Not sure why it will damage the clearcoat?

The simple answer is the solvents in products like AIO dry out the plasticizers in the clearcoat, the same plasticizers that provide the nice gloss and UV protection. The light abrasives in AIO work with the solvents to both mechanically and chemically abrade the clearcoat. There`s no sense in doing this to your paint if it doesn`t need it.

Use AIO and products like it when your paint needs light cleaning and polishing. There are lots of excellent light polishes on the market that can do the same thing. The benefit of AIO is that it "cleans, polishes, and protects in one easy step". But if all you want to do is add protection, there are other, better, milder products out there.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Thread Information