Post Thanks / Like
    ok guys i have used my pc twice now..I am getting beeter reults with the DACP now but still have some scratches and swilrs (light to medium) still haning around. I worked the panel twice with the dacp and a Meg`s polishing pad. I have decided it is time to go with a more agressive pad. I was thinking about goin with the megs burgandy pad b/c i dont know the diff between flat pads and the others out there. but i was checking out cma`s site and noticed the orange power pad and thought that might be the pad for me. but there have been mentions of the pad getting caked quick. is it ok to use the pad when it is damp or would i be better off gettin the yellow advanced pad.....

sorry for such a long winded post.

cliff note: i use a megs yellow pad right now with dacp but after working it a few times still have some swirls/scratches..trying to decide between megs burgandy pad, the new orange power pad or the yellow advanced cma pad.. thank you in advance

TheLizzardKing
    I have 9 of the CMA Orange pads and it is the only pad that I will use with my PC. I have yet to find anything as versitle. I do not like the angle in which the CMA white and yellow pads are. Even at full speed for me minor pressure will stop the PC from moving.

Yes, they do cake up fairly quick so you can do one of several things. Buy a few, you can always use pads, hose them off good wring them out with your hands then put back on the PC and run it at high speed to shake what is left over off. I put mine on my rotary and turn it to 3,000 RPMS that drys them real quick. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can`t get the swirls out with DACP and a polishing pad and a yellow pad I would try either a wool pad or a more agresssive compound.

TheLizzardKing, if you`re stopping your PC then something is wrong with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    well i havent used a cma yellow pad yet. i have been using the meguiars yellow pad. i was trying to see if i should use the cma yellow pad or the orange power pad..

Post Thanks / Like
    I like my orange pad`s versatility, but the way the velcroback is aweful, around 15 uses and the foam edge tears up making the pad unuasble.

Post Thanks / Like
    what speed is good when compounding with the orange pad? im using 3M perfect it II rubbing compound, on the bottle it says between 2500-3000 rpms but would it be better to speed it up a lil or doesnt it matter because of the vibrations it creates at high speeds?

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO, I do not really like the way these pads are made. It looks as if they were turned on a lathe, as they have these marks on the face of the pad that makes them look as if they were turned.

I mostly use the yellow pads from Lake, or the "finger" yellow pads, as well as 3M variable foam pads.

For the DACP, use a cutting pad (yellow finger or cut pad from Lake) or you could use the Megs burgandy, but I like the size of the Lake pads better.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Thread Information