This detail spray idea goes against any grain that I have regarding washing and minimizing scratches while you do.

Now I`m not talking about a car caked with dirt and mud here, maybe my car today when the idiot lawn company mowed and the timmer guy must have trimmed the lawn edge next to my car. It looks like some of the trim particles that were cut were thrown and stuck to the rocker panels on one side. Not a lot of stuff, but pieces of grass and I`m sure <some> dirt...

So I don`t feel like doing a below-the-belt car wash and want to take the car at lunch time and impress someone, so.. the answer maybe detail spray?

Spray something on a dirty car and then wipe it off with a towel? Common sense tells me that no matter what kind of towel, you`re grabbing dirt particals and wiping them around on the surface. Sandpaper, anyone?

Now I know it`s the same concept with a wash mit but we`re talking tons of soap suds and liquid to insulate the finish from the dirt particles. Can detailing spray accomplish the same thing?

If you use and believe in detail spray, what do you do to be careful that you don`t put a much of scratches on your surface? Blast enough of it on that the crap runs off the car first?

I`d love to be able to turn to something like this, or the quick and easy wash stuff I`ve read about, but I just can`t get past this idea that it will introduce scratches.

Someone explain to me how to get into the new world here.. lol..

C