Post Thanks / Like
    No pics (didn`t have my camera with me), but I was detailing a 1995 Mazda Protege in a dark green metallic paint, and EVERYTHING left minor swirl marks - microfiber (even the expensive stuff), foam applicator pads - EVERYTHING swirled on this paint. I felt bad, but there was nothing I could do - I polished out deeper swirl marks that were already there from previous washings (it was my first time working on this car), but nothing I did would get rid of the ones I left - any ideas about this? It was most prevalent on the hood - just delicate/damaged paint? I couldn`t figure out a way to get rid of them so I ended up giving up (it still looked a hundred times better than when I started)

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it was already swirled to death and all you were doing is removing the oils or dirt that were filling them? :nixweiss That doesn`t sound right that everything would swirl the paint. Something was going on there. Paint that fragile would have been damaged enough when you got it that you probably wouldn`t have noticed new swirls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Her paint`s in pretty ugly shape - if she got her front bumper and her hood repainted it would help a lot though, those were by *FAR* the worst.

Either way, it was just weird - I could NOT figure out why it kept swirling. I`m gonna clay it as soon as I get my claybar in the mail, and we`ll see how that affects it - I don`t think it`s EVER been clayed, so it could have been that every time I wiped over it, it picked up some more dirt

I dunno...annoyed the heck out of me

Post Thanks / Like
    *shrug* :nixweiss Are you detailing outdoors in high winds and it`s dry and dusty out? Beats me, but grabbing or shearing off contamination from lack of claying could be the answer...

Thread Information