Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I am trying to use the search to answer a couple of questions and do some research, as I know the topic has been discussed to death.

How can I refine my search? And don`t say do a search

For example if I want to search for DACP and Zaino. if you do a search for these terms you get hundreds of hits. I only want my search to pull threads that contain BOTH DACP and Zaino in the same post and not just if they are mentioned in the same thread. Also is there any way to specify a term such as "orange pad" ? A search for typed in as ...orange pad.... gives me results with the word orange and pad in various post. I want to search for the two words together. Is there a way to do this? Quotes didn`t seem to help. Neither did placing the word "AND" in the search.

Does the search function recognize the use of limiters like /p (same paragraph) or /s (same sentence) between words?

Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    From the search page: "Advanced query: Join words with AND, OR and NOT to control your search in more detail.

Add asterisks (*) to use wild cards in your search (*bullet* matches vBulletin etc.) "

So, if you want to search for threads that contain both DACP and Zaino, use "DACP and Zaino" as the search term. To limit it to posts that contain both terms, click the "Show results as posts" in the group of radio buttons in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.

Unfortunately, the search engine doesn`t support quoted strings, so searching for "orange pad" is not straightforward. Your best option is to search for "orange and pad", and show results as posts.

AFAIK, nothing like /p and /s exist in the vBulletin search engine. In a perfect world, it would support full regular expressions, but I`ve only been able to get AND, OR, NOT, and the wildcard (*) to work.

Tort

Thread Information