Thread: Zaino Question

Post Thanks / Like
    When I bought my Ranger used, it was very clean in and out, low mileage and didn`t really see anything wild. It belonged to a libraian who didn`t put a bunch of miles on it, kept up with it and didn`t smoke in it. However, the driver`s fender has been hit I suspect because I discovered some slight overspray on the bumper the night before I bought it when It came home for the night to really look it over.

I want to try out Zaino on my truck. The only problem is I don`t want Zaino highlighting all this orange peel and crap since Zaino is optically perfect. God knows if whoever repainted the fender resprayed clearcoat. I already know how to find out if paint has cc or not. My main question is will Zaino highlight where all the orange peel is and other paint flaws????? Or will I have to do some cutting and buffing and then Zaino. Any other suggestions of what to do I"m all ears,,,,,91

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Zaino is going to show whatever the paint condition is. But so is pretty much every other product. Its not like some product is going to hide orange peel; there`s no Invisible Wax on the market.

The best thing to do is polish the paint to get the best shine possible, then protect it with the Z for max gloss, reflectivity, and durability.

The only way to not see the orange peel is to wetsand the area and cut it back with a buffer, effectively removing it. My suggestion is not to worry about it. It seems like almost every car on the road has some orange peel so your truck will be in good company.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    :up

Tks Bret, If you were to just stand there and look at it, even in the shade you can tell it`s been repainted. The rest of the truck is fine and in factory shape.

One thing I just can`t seem to get over and I know I`m not the loner here on this either. All the raves, hype or whatever about Zaino just seems to good to be true. Note I said seems. All the hype about it is just like a guy on a infomercial is all hyped up about it, wow, how great this stuff works and he`s like all :shocked :shocked this and that about the product. Thing is about Zaino, all this hype is true. the gloss, the protection and how easy it is to use it`s all true. Just throwing in my $.02 here,,,,,,,91

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino does work very well! Only trick is prep and apply very thin!

Results ARE stunning!

The more you apply, the better it looks!

If you`ve been to a car show at a major city where they show the new models and concept cars, quite a few have Zaino on them to bring out the shine to a wet look effect!

As for the re-painted panel, you could have it wet sanded and compound/polish, but you did not do the work, so who knows how much material is on the panel? Better leave that to a body shop to assist, as some do have tools to measure paint thickness.

I`m sure you`ll be happy with Zaino. Give it a try. Check the forums for the tips and tricks, as it may save you some aggravation or unsatisfied results.

Let us know how you do, and if you run into a problem with Zaino, feel free to reach out. There are many Zaino uses here!

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really appreciate the uplifting advice Dean, now you really got me sitting here to say that`s it, I`m ordering Zaino I don`t care who says what, LOL DAYM!!!!!!! GIMMIE,,,,,NOW!!!!!! Now all I need is a couple more paychecks, lol.

As Far as the repainted fender goes, I`ll think I`ll just start out with DACP, Yellow Pad and go buy a PC. Next Paycheck, make monthly payment on truck, next paycheck, which is by now a month later from now Zaino or something go wrong with my truck, LOL! I really want this stuff so bad I could just snag it. I`ll keep posted after I get through with Zaino. Tks all,,,,,,,91

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s what I ordered for the finish.

1) ZFX additive

2) Z2 for clear-coat

3) Z5

4) Z6 (if you QD a lot, it will go fast)

5) Z7 (wash)

6) Z18 (clay)

Again, look around the forums, check others results in the pics and if you have a question or problem, give us message. You sould find a SH**T load of stuff on Zaino here!

Let us know how it works for you!

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    Dean`s list comprises the basic Zaino "kit", except for the clay, which is excellent but not a required purchase as other brands work well too.

My feeling is that if you`re going to go Zaino, go all the way - Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7, and ZFX. Zaino works best as a system as all the products are designed to compliment each other.

On a personal note, when I first heard of Zaino 3-4 years ago, I did not believe the hype. I`ve prepped Ferrari`s for shows, met many detailers, had my own detailing business, worked at a body shop, and basically figured after 20+ years of detailing I knew how to make a car shine. It took me awhile to open my mind enough to even try Zaino. Once I did I understood some of the comments I read. Zaino does leave a very slick finish, it is very glossy, and the best thing about it is its durability.

Is all the hype you read true and correct? Not in my opinion. Frankly, I think some of the excessive hype does Sal and his company a disservice as no product could possibly live up to all that talk. But the foundations of the product line are rock solid - you can depend on the product working extremely well. And the product quality is top notch. No cutting corners anywhere in the Zaino product line.

Zaino has a steep but short learning curve but once you get the technique down pat, you`ll be good to go. I`m sure you`ll be impressed once you try it. I know I was. The new Z2 and Z5 are better than ever so now is a great time to buy them. Plus you can order online using a credit card, another new feature. If you want to know who your local distributor is, call Zaino directly and they`ll give you contact info.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    :up

Tks again Bret,

Give me sometime yet to collect some money, buy the paint prep stuff, and some Zaino, all that can get pretty pricey. Funny thing is, I originally posted this thread in Detailing, then they moved it to here, Autopia University. Propably because they get so many Zaino questions from the newbies and alot of other people. That Zaino Manual thread I was reading last night in the Hall of Fame was a great thread. Basically what it does is break down how to use Zaino for dummies kinda thing, lol know what I mean?!?! Tks again and I"ll be looking forward to post a good review about Zaino,,,,,,91

Post Thanks / Like
    OK guys, I sent a PM to F-150_91 as he wants to try this product, so I offered my spare new unopened bottle of Z2 and what`s left of some Z6 and a applicator pad for him. Hell, he want`s to try it, but being short on cash sucks, and I thought, what the hell, I ordered the updated Z2/Z5 and more Z6 so I`ll give him mine. The Z2 is VERY pink. It may have been one of the NEW ones. Anyway, I feel that if someone is willing to try it so bad.... Donation!

What the hell, it`s only money.

So as soon as I get a reply and he gets it I hope we hear how well it works for him or if it did not do what he wanted.

I did point out that he needs to obtain as much tips/tricks on this stuff, and once done with Zaino, try to top with say S100.

Ya know, maybe one of these days we should start an area for spare or unwanted products that we don`t use and set up a "loaner" area which would track what is being loaned etc. This way, some of us may get to try something we may never be able to.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Thread Information