Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible to put VM and top it off with Z5?

Post Thanks / Like
    If VM stands for Vanilla Moose,

than I have to say : not a good idea:

Zaino will not bond to wax

Christiaan

Post Thanks / Like
    Nor will it bond to all the oils in it.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Then, can I top Moose Wax on Z-2?

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understand, you can`t really top anything with Zaino without doing a Dawn wash to remove the oils from other products. You can use VM under Zainos to remove very light imperfections, but then you`d have to Dawn wash the car to remove the oils in VM from the paint, negating the gloss you get from VM. The only products that seem to work well under Zainos are true polishes and compounds that permanently remove defects in the paint, so after the Dawn wash, the paint is still as swirl and scratch free as possible. I think that using any glaze that is more oil than anything else would be a waste if you are going to use Zainos.

I don`t think you can top Z-2 with Moose Wax since it has chemical cleaners. Carnuba Moose? I`m not sure. It is a pure wax, but it is a combination of a petroleum based wax and carnuba and the petroleum base may remove Zainos.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Moose wax is a cleaner wax, try their pure carnauba wax on top of Z if you need to use something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

From what I understand, you can`t really top anything with Zaino without doing a Dawn wash to remove the oils from other products. You can use VM under Zainos to remove very light imperfections, but then you`d have to Dawn wash the car to remove the oils in VM from the paint, negating the gloss you get from VM. The only products that seem to work well under Zainos are true polishes and compounds that permanently remove defects in the paint, so after the Dawn wash, the paint is still as swirl and scratch free as possible. I think that using any glaze that is more oil than anything else would be a waste if you are going to use Zainos.

I don`t think you can top Z-2 with Moose Wax since it has chemical cleaners. Carnuba Moose? I`m not sure. It is a pure wax, but it is a combination of a petroleum based wax and carnuba and the petroleum base may remove Zainos.

Scott,

Thanks, if I want to remove the swirl marks before Zaino, what product would you recommend? They are very light swril marks and I am going to do it all by my hands. And if I need to dwan wash it once I am done with the swril marks. Will I wash all the filler too so the swirl marks will appears again?

Thanks,

luvthong

Post Thanks / Like
    luvhong-I`d use either Meguiars Swirl Free Polish or #9 Swirl Remover. Both do have light abrasives and will remove light swirls. If you need something stronger, then I`d go with DACP which has decent cutting power but also breaks down as you work it into the paint so you get little, if any surface marring that requires you to go over the paint with a less abrasive product before sealing the paint.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information