Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking for a good 1 step cleaner/wax product to recommend for a friend. The car is in decent shape with minor swirl, but the owner is not interested in a complete multi steps detailing.

I need a product that can be easily found in walmart/pep boys etc..... I was thinking about mothers sealer glaze or eagle one polish. Any other recommendation??

Post Thanks / Like
    Given the "local availability" issue, I`d say a cleaner wax, either Mother`s (1st choice) or Meg`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mothers cleaner wax.
    2018 Ram Big Horn CTD
    2009 Lexus IS250
    1999 ChampioN 181 Bassboat
    1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mother`s C/W or Reflections or HotWheels Wax (not sure what the last one`s exact brand name is).

These all work fine as a one-step, but try suggesting at least a clay-step to your friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intermezzo

These all work fine as a one-step, but try suggesting at least a clay-step to your friend.
    Sounds like a job for the Mothers Clay Kit! This comes with their cleaner wax too.

Paste waxes generally last longer and I`ve seen the Mothers Cleaner Wax paste reasonably priced. It`s a soft wax so it should be easy to use (smells like bubble gum). I haven`t used this myself, but I`ve been tempted. Check out the Reviews link above.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Zymol Clearner Wax for quite a while and I would definitely recommend it as an easy 1 Step system!
    2001 Nighthawk Black Pearl DC2

Post Thanks / Like
    How about Liquid Glass

Available at Autozone...

Patrick
    I would try Prestone wax, because ive been waiting for a guinea pig to review it.....

Seriously, its a synthetic, have heard positive comments, but need one more opinion b4 I buy and try !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...I used to use Nu-finish in my pre-autopia days. I`ve even seen it in the supermarket. I would think the Mother`s product might be a bit better, though. I seem to remember the Nu-finish would dry and leave a chalky residue on trim. At the time, I didn`t know that was something other products wouldn`t do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 4DSC

Sounds like a job for the Mothers Clay Kit! This comes with their cleaner wax too.

I just bought this kit today! I had absolutely no reason to buy it but I did anyway. I will be using it on my ungrateful wife`s Dodge Intrepid this weekend. Can you believe she had the nerve to yell at me for buying more detailing products?

:argue

Post Thanks / Like
    #20 poly sealant from meguiars and mothers caranuba paste cleaner wax are both good choices. #20 has a light cleaner in it, so its a good one step product.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    How long does #20 last I seen at a local shop called APS aka Autobody Paint Store they had a whole varity of Meg`s BSP Line and about all the 3M Products there is. Had some Zymol and Mothers also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Patrick

I would try Prestone wax, because ive been waiting for a guinea pig to review it.....

Seriously, its a synthetic, have heard positive comments, but need one more opinion b4 I buy and try !!!
    FWIW The Prestone received pretty high marks in a very recent review of consumer waxes

Post Thanks / Like
    where can I find the review?

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by intimidator

I just bought this kit today! I had absolutely no reason to buy it but I did anyway. I will be using it on my ungrateful wife`s Dodge Intrepid this weekend. Can you believe she had the nerve to yell at me for buying more detailing products?

:argue
    Women dont care and dont understand. Maybe she wants you to take your detailing supplies money and chase other women with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information