Post Thanks / Like
    I`m starting to get tired of the Lake Country foam pad (=CMA) being so fragile. I bought a kit of them locally and already have replaced the cutting and the polishing foams due to failure (visible on the picture).

Now I washed the new LC pad yesterday for the first time, by hand together with the Megs pad already washed several times by hand or machine. The difference is visible, the LC isa already starting to fail :down

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow,

I`ve got a couple of CMA white pads that I`ve used and washed several times. Other than a small chunk of foam I lost on one when it caught on a piece of trim, they are in great shape.
    370HSSV

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Let me snap a picture of my two year old LC yellow cutting pad (been through a lot, put it to the test using it on my Makita a short while ago on my washing machine and a caravan.)

Here is a picture of my 2 year old Lake Country yellow cutting pad and the lambswool pad, both has seen lots of cars and been though some pro detailing sessions.

The small flat spot from the yellow pad was ebcause I had it standing up to dry.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have big hands Jason.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL sure Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used my CMA pads countless times and they look almost as good as new(1.5 years later). I think your velcro problem is caused by the way you remove the pad from the backing plate. Do you grab the foam by the edge and then pull the pad off? That`s bad. I think the key is to slide your finger under the pad until you get a good grip from the bottom and then pull the pad off. This should help keep the pad intact. I`ve used some of my pads probably 15-20 times without any problems. I hope this helps. If not, I have no idea what could be going wrong.

P.S. If i explained my technique poorly, just say so and I`ll try again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your opinion but I use them the same way I do the Meguiars, and the backing pad is also from Lake Country.

This was the first time I used / washed this pad, which was already a replacement to other that didn`t resist more than 2 or 3 washes. It wasn`t like this before washing so I guess it doesn`t handle warm water very well (I mean warm, not hot!).

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 4DSC

You have big hands Jason.
    Actually, I was thinking, "My! What pretty hands he has!"

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL awwwww shucks, especially coming from a person of the opposite gender. After a day of playing with detailing chemicals or cleaning out weapons and getting those little nicks nd scratches, I tend to take care of hands. I go by the saying, you take care of them, they`ll take care of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    C`mon, Jason! Don`t blow my cover! I intentionally chose an androgynous name so I wouldn`t be dismissed as "just a girl detailer." And now you`ve gone and blown it for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sorry I won`t even comment about the replies I am thinking of right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stanger99

Do you grab the foam by the edge and then pull the pad off? That`s bad. I think the key is to slide your finger under the pad until you get a good grip from the bottom and then pull the pad off. This should help keep the pad intact.

Realizing that the bond between the velcro and the pad was the weakest link I believe Sanger 99 made an excellent suggestion. Thanks for the idea 99!:up

Thread Information