Post Thanks / Like
    S100 = Da Bomb

This stuff is perfect in every way.

When I first opened up the container the wax looked very dense and rocky. Give the small gray applicator a little spin and it immediately melted like...well, like butter!

Application? Ridiculously easy. That applicator was slipping and sliding .

Great thing is, no waiting for a haze; just wipe it right off.

I just used this stuff this morning on a red prelude that I had cleaned and glazed with #7 the night before. I think the results will get better once the S100 cures over the next day or two.

Oh yeah, you know something else? It`s the only wax I used so far that smells like a wax! No fruity tropical scent (ahem, Zymol). #26 smells like bananas. But I actually love the smell of S100.

And being that most people have been paying $14.95 for this, I think I better go pick up some more from my local Harley Dealer, which sells the stuff for $8.95. My only concern is shelf life: if I get two or three more jars, I know I won`t even finish the first jar until maybe a year from now. How do you s100 pack rats handle this situation? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it is a paste so it should last a lot longer than a liquid wax (maybe 10+ years) so I would keep a can at room temperature ready to be used, store one next to the TV, and the third jar put it in a zip lock bag and store it in the fridge (not the freezer.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Great. Now the question is: how many cans should I get?

Post Thanks / Like
    yummm, fried chicken and a Killian Irish Red for breakfast at 3 in the afternoon. ::wipes away oils from chicken::

since you have a can and love it. At a steal of a price ($9 a can, hmm I paid like $45 for the P21S kit) I would get another 3 cans. Two new cans to store away for yourself and you never know a can may end up in the hands of a future car detailing fanatic, or you can keep it all to yourself.

Congrats on finding this product. If I didn`t have all the waxes (Meguiar`s #26 liquid (one gallon), Pinnacle Souveran Paste, the bigger tin of One Grand Blitz) I have right now I would get a can of S100.....Its a nice wax...

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good. I still have a bottle of #26 liquid, but I don`t plan on tossing it. In fact, I`ll probably do one layer of #26 and top it off one week later with a layer of s100.

That should provide good enough durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only reason I keep the #26 around (besides being a gallon of the stuff) is because I love to use this wax with PC and foam finishing pad. If I time myself I can probably get a coat of #26 applied nice and thin to a Camry in about 5-6 minutes.

It also provides a nice shine, I think it was either the paint on the 99`corolla I was fooling around with or it was just my eyes but the #26, One Grand Blitz, and Pinnacle Souveran yielded almost the same results in terms of shine and depth on the Corolla`s paint (on top of 1X AIO, 4X SG.) It certainly darkened the paint but all three of them looked the same. Pinnacle Souveran got the edge for having the slickest feeling. I decided to wax the rest of the car with One Grand Blitz because of durability. I`m giving up on carnauba for this car, going to slap some Zaino on it later (once I get all the pads for my rotary and some new pads for my PC to give the Corolla a make over.) Anyway end of rant.

The #26 topped by S100 should be a good combo.....

Post Thanks / Like
    *gasp*

I paid $14.95 for my tub here at my local Harley dealer last week.
    Ben

2000 Estoril Blue M Coupe

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    Choosing S100 is a monumental decision...
    370HSSV

Post Thanks / Like
    where are you getting these?!
    Ben

2000 Estoril Blue M Coupe

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    :LOLOL

(click) (save) Again!

I`m glad you discovered and like the S100 Acura_RL! :xyxthumbs It really is a terrific wax to use, and it seems to have "decent" durability for a carnauba, but I think it`s surprisingly durable for something so easy to use compared to other products. My #26 paste just lies in the bottom of the pile now....

Good thing you like the smell, because I personally wouldn`t mind if it smelled like coconuts or pina colada or.... something other than sweet crayons. :p

$9 is a great deal for S100. It runs $25-$30 Cdn up here, so $9 is like only $15 Cdn!! I would get 2 more at the most because I was waxing like a madman last year with it (because I could and I was totally in awe of this stuff) and after a dozen or more coats I`ve only used maybe over 1oz or so. I keep my second jar in my cool, dark basement in a box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I`ll be getting another jar or 2 tomorrow and perhaps an additional can of the corrosion protectant spray.

As for storage, I don`t think I should worry. I store ALL of my detailing chemicals in my room. I don`t have that big of a collection anyway, so there`s plenty of room in here. As far as storing them in a dark place, I guess I can leave them in the sweet Harley paper bag that they give you at the dealer when you buy something.

BTW, I like using the gray applicator that comes with the can. But after using it, should I wash it or just put it back in the can and close it back up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Ben Carufel

where are you getting these?!

I make them.

It`s easy with the inspiration that S100 provides.
    370HSSV

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmmph, I would love a funny P Shop pic, email me, I would pay or trade you supplies for something from my Field (FalconJet.com)

Email me

Thread Information