Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are the death of me, but it`s cool. I just did my ultimate detail. It lasted about 7 hours!!! I started by dawning the car and detailing the rims inside and engine with p21s cleaner. Next I used blackfire clay kit. I think their clay might suck but my paint might just be clean. In any event the clay was easy enough to need. Then I went to the perfect it 2 as my car is black to get the swirls off. Started with the 7.5 yellow and my new porter cable. Then went to blackfire protectant with the 7.5 white. I then hit it again with a 7.5 grey with a second coat. Man did it give depth!!! I then hit it with 2 coats of p21s with a grey 7.5 pad. It was a pain to get the p21s on. I had to nuke it in the microwave to soften it up then used their foam applicator and apply it to the paint. Then I spread it evenly with the grey pad at 1 then worked in at 3 and then removed with mf ultra towels. Initially I did the perfect it at 3 then went to 5 and it was a ***** to get off!!! to fast and got to hot I guess. I had to remove in some spots with the blackfire lubricant for the clay, basically a quick detail. In any event I applied all subsequent coats at 1 and then worked in with 3. Great results otherwise. BTW I tried the mf bonnets and they sucked! I did however use them on the perfect it 2 that I rubbed in at 5 so..... yeah. In any event my car has never looked so deep or good and my lower back has never hurt as bad! Drinking beers now!!! I have to give it up to that pc. Man that thing is the best!!! I also have to say that the blackfire protectant gave sooo much depth that meguires of any and all combos and systems never gave! Also no f**king haze that meguires like to leave! I love it. Now I must die as I am so tired! Thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the first detail. P21S paste wax had to be nuked? I found it applied quite easily.....Don`t need to eb wroked into the paint. Just apply a nice thin layer with little to no pressure. Then wipe off. I primarily use the PC to clean up what the rotary did (LOL sort of the image of the US Marines spearheading an attack and the US Army coming in afterwards cleaning it up....Not intended to offend, just going by the general rule of thumb..) to polish the paint. I wax and apply most sealants by hand.

Gosh I am getting confused of my eyes are getting shot, can yuo break it down into steps??

7.5 hours...my longest time detailing/bodywork was 40 hours or so...

Post Thanks / Like
    dawned

p21s wheel cleaner with rims and engine

used mf mit from cma for paint and crap old sheep mit for rims

cma mf drying towels

blackfire clay kit used 1/2 clay that came in kit. Split first part in 2 and used on half used other part other half

7.5 yellow with 3m perfect it 2 3 to even 5 to work

used ultra mf to remove and some areas blackfire clay lubricant

7.5 white with blackfire protectant 1 to even 3 to work

used ultra mf to remove - greem from cma btw-

7.5 grey with blackfire protectant 1 to even 3 to work

had to apply p21s initially by hand after nuking the pure carnuba from kit

7.5 grey with p21s. 2 coats- 1 to even 3 to work

then removed crap left on windshield using 3 and grey pad already on there and removed with

that is my setup!!!

what do you think? I would post pics but I haven`t taken them yet

My paint has never looked so deep.

Also another not. That p21s wax was a pain to remove with the mf-

and the mf bonnets that I tried initially sucked! sorry. but I didn`t like them at all!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you had great results!!

There is no need or benefit in applying P21s (or S100) with a PC and foam pad. Just use the little foam applicator in the jar to apply a thin layer by hand and then a MF to wipe off.

"Working" the wax in with the PC is not necessary and probably added to your application time and also led to your difficulties in removing/buffing. P21s wax should be a simple wipe on wipe off deal.

You probably also used way more wax this way. 1 car`s worth should only have made a tiny dent in the jar.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    well I wanted to have a decent amount of protection on there hence the pc and hence the 2 coats. BTW I have read threads about how putting p21s over blackfire reduces the depth a bit. I would say that it does so if anything very very little. The depth seemed to stay the same but the color of the reflection changed a small amount-

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are pics of the detail. Let me know what you think. I tried to put the pics up in the member gallery, but the smallest one is over the size limit because of the super res. Check em out here though:

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albuo89

Thread Information