Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, try to avoid turning the PC on at high speed if it`s not on anything (unloaded)- the spinning motion is a byproduct and is stressful for the pad/backing plate. Turn it on and off while its resting on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the help guys! I really really appreciated!

I hope by tomorrow morning I can get majority of my swirls out.

Post Thanks / Like
    *sigh* After working for an hour on the hood itself, the swirls still appear. I guess I`m going to try and use DACP, hopefully that will get rid of my swirls. Now that the sun is out and bright (damn the SoCal), I can`t work on my car~~ >_<

Post Thanks / Like
    :lol that`s funny: >_<

I guess your swirls are worse than "light" then. I don`t know what pads you have available, but try DACP/polishing first on a spot and see if you like that. If not then try DACP/cutting. This might or might not leave a fine hazing that will come out with #9 again. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    About the polishing pad. Today I used one of the Meguiar yellow pad on #9, can I wash that pad and use it on the DACP? or should I get another one? or use the white one that came with my 7336SP? They`re kinda expensive.. >_<

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wash it well and it should be fine. Not everyone suggests this, but there are many that do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then get ready for the velcro to crap out on ya.

Megs know theres a problem ..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, the sun here in SoCal is killing me. I have to work everyday until 6pm so I don`t have time to work on my car during the weekdays. When it finally comes to weekend, the sun is out and bright, and my car surface is nice and hot. The only place I can work on my car is my drive way, and it is directly open to the sky with the sun right above it.

Should I still try and polish my car with my car surface is hot (I know it`s not a good idea)? It is 4:34PM right now and it`s hot and sun is out....

what should I do!! T.T

Post Thanks / Like
    Many years ago when I had my beater car, I would wash the car and then seek shade in a park (but don`t go under a tree) or quiet part of a parking lot to polish and wax the car. Some people would be doing the same thing or some would just stop by just to chat. It worked for me until I got my garage. My next garage will be heated/ac with drain so that I can wash, wax anytime of day, anytime of year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could probably find a shaded spot. However, can I still polish and wax my car with PC when my car surface is blazing hot?

Post Thanks / Like
    jliao,

Are you nuts!

I would never, ever PC my car in the sun. NEVER!

Since you can`t go to the park with a PC, I would wait till the sun goes partially down and then PC. It may take you 2-3 evenings (or very early mornings) to do the whole car. I have also done this before. But you may have to wash the car each day prior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dammit! I guess I`ll be staying overnight to get my car done. Take my 500 Watts light out and light the driver way and start working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t feel too bad, Jliao. All my detailing is done curbside.

BTW, where are you located? You can go back into your User CP and add either a city or state or region (at least what country). Sometimes, your location makes a difference in the advice you`ll get. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Will do!

I`m located at Venutra, California. To be exact, it would be Thousand Oaks, 30 mins from Santa Monica, an hour from Santa Barbra.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn,

Can someone force all registrants (new and old) to fill in at least the state that they are in? I was saying the same thing as I formulated a response. What part of the country are we talking about? Not the first time. I went back to a prev msg and they said SoCal.

Alot of users don`t have this filled-in. It sure would be helpful.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information