Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am beside myself with grief. It happened some time yesterday. Someone pulled up next to my car (and maybe they were in some huge hurry), opened their door, and "ding."

I now have a crease in my rear valence. It is not huge (about 1 1/2"), but it is very noticeable. What can I do? Is this something that I am going to have to let go? It this beyond the normal scope of repair? Would it be cheap for me to get fixed, or would it not be worth it? I need some input.

I am in shock that someone would do shuch a thing, and not even leave a note.

I am not even sure if it would be worth it to get the pannel fixed as they would probably have to repaint the pannel, or try to pull it. Man, this is just real stinky.

Any input is always appreciated.

Best regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    MarylandVW, I feel your pain. Living in Maryland the past couple of years has opened my eyes to just about the most reckless and rude drivers in and around the capital Beltway that I`ve seen or dealt with. Rude rude and more rude!

I suppose you can`t push the ding back out normally so a dent puller possibly?

Serious no BS kinda guy forrest@mothers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try the paintless ding repair guys. I`ve seen `em work miracles.
    forrest

Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s on your rear Valance (Black Molded ABS Plastic) I think you`re SOL buddy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you post a pic?? Someone here could probably advise a solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t feel bad MarylandVW, I was out shopping last week and when I got home my dad asked what had happened to me. I was like, what are you talking about. He pointed to the front passanger side of my car and it appears someone backed into my car. $2,000 worth of damage right there and no insurance info from whoever did it because they as well didn`t leave a note or bother to try and contact the owner of the car, me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the ding is in the metal, so that gives me some hope. I have never heard of the paintless ding repair guys, so I will have to do some research on that.

The ding is minor, but there are no marks on the car at all, so I am a bit upset by the way she looks now. Now I find myself looking at other cars for dings, so I don`t feel like my car is the only one out there like that. Realistically, the reason that I was peeved, was due to the fact that I am selling the car soon (this fall to be specific), and I know that those little things can come into play when someone is looking for a pristine car.

So does anyone have any info about these paintless ding repair guys?

Best regards.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they are a Nation wide company called Dent Wizzard...only problem is youy have to have it done at a dealer or even your mechanic...up here in NY they don`t do work for an individual only at shops

they are great .I watched a guy do it and even I couldn`t see anything when he was done...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Look for Paintless Dent Repair in the Body Shop section of the yellow pages. There should be one in Elkridge and maybe Laurel. I`m not sure if there is one in Glen Burnie but I would expect there is.

Michael Means

Blue-Sun
    I feel you`re pain. I`ve had quite a few experiences of this, and it doesn`t help that Subaru make crap for paint and uses ultra think sheet metal.

There was not 1 ding on my car when I got her (used with 9K in Feb of 02) and now there`s a ding or scratch on EVERY DOOR of my WRX. I talked to a paintless dent guy that shows up to a weekly subaru meet, and he`s gonna pop them all for under $100!

Now to get the scratches repaired . .a different story. . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Dent Wizards are amazing. I have had my car done there more than once, and each time it was almost flawless. The only time it wasn`t perfect was when it was right by the window on the door and the only tool small enough to fit between the body panel and the door frame was the smallest hammer, so up close you can see almost a little wavy, but other than that they are reasonably priced and always great work.

Post Thanks / Like
    dent wizard.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Bethesda. Where in MD are you exactly? Dent Wizard has a shop on Montrose Rd in Rockville, right off Rockville pike. Its in a shopping center there. Just pull up and they`ll give you an estimate, it`ll be around $70. They do a GREAT job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just go to www.dentwizard.com they have a dealer locater where you can find a shop close to you to do the work whether it be a body shop or a dealership.

So far I have had 4 dings removed from the doors of my `Stang in the year or so I have had her. Just installed a new one myself with a shopping mall stroller that I am hoping to have removed later this week. Those PDR guys are like magicians when it comes to working metal. Definitely worth a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    OUCH! You know you can get those band-aid stickers... Just kidding, trying to make you ! Some people are just immoral!

I agree about the Paintless Dent Repair if it can be done. If not, get a quote from a body shop. Someone I know... Had a rental car that got a hit and run! Saw it happen, girl stopped and then she took off! Got the rental car fixed for about $250 including repair to the fender, bumper and paint! Good deal and you couldn`t tell anything had happened. Anyway, check the paintless dent removal and if he says he can`t do it, go to a body shop and get a quote. You might be surprised, sometimes it is not as much as you think.

Lynn Phillips
    Lynn Matthews
    The Car Girl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information