Post Thanks / Like
    I have been experimenting with Mothers/Langka chip repair liquid. I noticed one big problem and was wondering if there exists a solution:

When I rub the blob with Mothers/Langka, whatever rubs off ends up rubbing onto the surrounding surface and dries quickly and appears to be impossible to remove. The directions suggest rubbing with some more Langka and "Buffing Off". Well, this does not work because it is impossible to buff off all of the residue...some always dries back on and forms an ugly touch/up paint-langka mixture residue on the surrounding surface.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you need to apply more Langka when initially rubbing the blob. Also watch the temperature of the surface...The cooler , the better.
    370HSSV

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the area you`re repairing a repainted area? Langka will not mess with factory paint, but it can smear touched up paint.

If you have factory paint, a little more Langka should remove whatever dried of the blob on the surrounding area. In fact, some people allow the touch up blob to dry for 24-48 hours before using the Langka, so the fact that your "debris" dried a little should not make a difference. :wavey

Serious no BS kinda guy forrest@mothers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, wait 24 hours before using the Langka - it makes the "blob" harder, and the Langka works slower.

Mmmph has the right idea, too - try using more Langka.
    forrest

Post Thanks / Like
    guys...and forrest,

thanks for your replies. i tried using more langka. however, that seems to have made things worse. i think that the residue that is smearing and drying over the surface is not just what is rubbing off but the langka itself...and it seems impossible to use more langka still to buff off all of the langka that has dried on the surface.

fyi, my blob was dried for 24+ hours...so dont think that was the problem.

fyi, i got the mothers version. it is a white lotion-like liquid. as soon as i apply it to a cloth and rub on my chip, the stuff gets on the surrounding surface and dries on there.

confused....

Serious no BS kinda guy forrest@mothers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll forward this on to one of our chemists, and see if I can get an answer Monday.
    forrest

Thread Information