Post Thanks / Like
    What`s the difference between these three different types of products? I`ve got some Z1, Z2 and Z5 bottles sitting in my room and I see they`re listed under "sealants" in the Reviews section. I was wondering what these 3 products purposes are and what they do/do not accomplish. Thanks!

This is also my first post and I am very psyched about finding this forum. This is what I`ve been trying to find for a while now! I have a feeling I`ll be here for a long time. :wavey

Brandon

Post Thanks / Like
    Polish will remove swirls and clean paint.

Sealant is a product that will protect the paint from the elements and UV rays.

Wax is a product that will protect to some extent but isn`t nearly as durable as a sealant. A wax may last up to 8 weeks while some sealants are known to last 4 or 5 months or beyond.

Zaino is basicly considered a Sealant since its definitely not a wax and I wouldn`t consider it much of a polish. I would go to Zaino`s website and do some reading about what each of the products do or do a bit of searching here. I`m not a Zaino user personally but I know you`ll get a lot of helpful advice from guys here who are. :welcome to Autopia!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia SpeedSolutions! :welcome

Just to elaborate, polish is usually an abrasive of some kind, but the strength can vary. They don`t "clean" (like the way a soap does) but they are sometimes also called paint cleaners/cleansers.

They are technically different (and often used differently), but in function, waxes and sealants both have the same job. Who knows why the heck Zaino calls its stuff "polish".

Thread Information