Post Thanks / Like
    I write this not to share any new information with the experts on this forum but to share my experience with other beginners thinking if they should detail their cars or not. I bought a new black car 9 months ago, and until now I somewhat regretted getting a black car. When I got it from the dealer, it had some swirls. I tried Meguiars 3-step process by hand, but if anything it made it worse. In direct sunlight, the paint look greasy and with small scratches.

I decided to make a serious attempt, found this forum, and studied many of the informative posts in detail.

My first step after washing was with a PC, 3M SMR, and white CMA pad. Wanted to be conservative as this was my first go. After using the PC, it was kind of difficult to wipe off with a microfiber towel, and I had to use some water on some patches. When I done half of the hood I studied it, and what a difference. The color was much darker and hardly any swirls at all. It was like a line in the middle of the hood separating the done and not done part. This really encouraged me.

Me next step was Blackfire polish with white CMA pad. This product was much easier to use and wiped off quickly after the PC. It felt less powerful than the 3M SMR, and I don’t know if it made any improvement, but I thought the Blackfire sealer might bond better.

Last step was Blackfire sealer. I found it much easier to spread thin and even using the PC and gray pad rather than applying it by hand. I was concerned about smearing, but it came off really nice. Then I perhaps did my only mistake and applied a second coat directly, and got some (minimal) smearing. I’m not too concern as I guess it will go off in the first wash.

Next day in sunlight the car looked absolutely fabulous, and better than the new ones at the dealer.. My wife said she could see the contours of the car better, so probably the promised deeper look of Blackfire came through.

I want to thank all the people posted all the informative posts on this forum. Its been so helpful and without it I would not been able to do this. Below is a picture of the car, but it look much better in real

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice job looks like you are on your way to being a real Autopiain detailer!! :xyxthumbs
    Life is uncertain.......eat dessert first!

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to Autopia MB Coupe!

Looks like you`re settling in here fine, keep the pics of that beautiful ride coming!
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    Lookin Good!

M-B Black Seems To Be Extra "mar-able", so its alot of work, but worth it in the end!

:spot :spot

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, looking good. i was thinking about seriously to try blackfire for the first time. and heard great things about it.

nice finish...
    Todd Cooperider
    Esoteric Auto Detail
    Perfecting Auto Finishes in Columbus, Ohio!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is encouraging that you could find what you needed here! I`m glad things worked out for you so satisfactorily.

One question...what is with your windows? Do you have any?
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    THAT`S WHAT I`M TALKING ABOUT!!!

Thread Information