Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone, I`m new to this site and had a few questions about the order to use some products. I just bought S100 wax and S100 SEC. I`ve read many raves about these products, so I`m ready to see what they can do.

My car is white and has a lot of swirl marks. I was wondering if using Meguiar`s show car glaze or swirl remover would help in addition to the above products. Would using the SEC make a noticable difference, or could I skip right to the wax? After I wash and clay, which order would I use the products? I`m looking for the most shine, but will be doing this by hand. What other product would I need to act as a polish or glaze? Your response would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your car has lots of swirl marks, the SEC will be too mild. You need something with some "bite" to remove them. Even a swirl mark remover won`t work well by hand. I prefer something like a Fine Cut Cleaner from 3M or Meguiars to start. Or perhaps 3M Finesse It II Machine Polish. Follow it with the SEC to bring out the high gloss. Then protect with the S100 wax.

Yeah, its 3 steps but since this is a first detail, you need to get the paint as perfect as possible at this point. In the future keeping the paint looking like this will be easy.

Order is:

1. Wash

2. Clay

3. Cleaner (fine cut or machine polish)

4. Polish (SEC)

5. Wax

Good luck and have fun!!!
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia! :wavey

Always try the milder solution first if you`re unsure. In addition to the products Bret mentioned, maybe consider the popular Meguiar`s #83 DACP too. I tried it by hand a bit and it seemed "okay" for hand use. But like all polishes, proper use is key to getting good results. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome and replies, hopefully it will stay sunny so I can do this later today or tomorrow. Another quick question though, since my car is white, will using the SEC make a noticable difference? Could I go from bretfraz`s step 3 to 5? I know polish really brings it out, but is there a better alternative to SEC for about the same price? Thanks again for the help guys!

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    If the cleaner does the job you want and you`re happy with the results, then sure, skip step 4 and go right to waxing. Its your call, of course.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think you`ll find a product quite like SEC that is as well regarded. It seems to glaze as well as lightly polish from what I understand. It`s easy to find stuff that will do either, but not both in one shot. Besides, you have it already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, thanks again for the advice. I was just a little worried about durability because my car never sees a garage. I look forward to using the advice given and am hoping for the amazing results that you guys have had.

Thread Information