Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Red Pontiac Firebird, with paint in Great condition (some swirlmarks that can only be seen in bright soon hitting it) Im look for some "stuff" to make it look really good. I want it to blow all my friends wax jobs out of the water. I want it to stand out. I want a very wet, deep, Bright, reflective look...or maybe like in the picture...something of that nature...i`ll Wax every week if i have to....any ideas
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want the wettest looking finish, try a carnuba wax. Pinnacle Souveran and S100/ P21S are good carnubas. The only downside of carnuba is their durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to beat a wax then you want to use a sealant. On red I would use Platinum and then top it with probably either Souveran or S100/P21S. Probably Souveran if you are just looking for something to kick a$$ with. If you are willing to spend the time on it and use the products then I would layer 3 or 4 of each SG and UPP between each other and then top that with Souveran under S100/P21S. That would be the ruler of the red over your friends cheap Turtle Wax jobs.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

That would be the ruler of the red over your friends cheap Turtle Wax jobs.
    Aw, get real, Jngr! Even Lemon Pledge (carefully applied by an Autopian after thorough paint prep) would rule over cheap Turtle Wax. Right? :p

Post Thanks / Like
    An entire day of prep work will blow their wax jobs out of the water...

Post Thanks / Like
    For red I would probably look at Blackfire topped with Souveran. Or Poorboys EX topped with Souveran. Use the corresponding cleaners first and then multiple sealant topcoats and multiple souveran topcoats.
    2007 BMW 335i Convertible Sparkling Graphite Metallic

2006 Porsche Black Cayenne Turbo

Post Thanks / Like
    autoglym SR with P21s is amazing on red.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Meguiars #3 or #7 or Hand Polish topped with Blitz then P21s. Just prep well first.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, that ain`t exactly a Firebird in the picture, heh. With that car, you wouldn`t have to worry about standing out............
    Rodney - Salma, will you marry me?

`03 Nissan Super Black 350Z

"The simplest method is the best method"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Deep_Freeze

Hmm, that ain`t exactly a Firebird in the picture, heh. With that car, you wouldn`t have to worry about standing out............

Your right, it isnt but i just posted it because thats a look i woudl like to get

Post Thanks / Like
    ok if i i put P21S or Pinnacle over a Polymer, which one would look best, the Blackfire, Klasse, Autogym, etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, Murph. They are all going to look good. We are all tinkerers here and we always try all kinds of stuff. But it is true, PS21, S100, Souveran. They are all going to look good. It is kind of like wine though there are subtleties that each combination will give you over the other. Solid Red and Solid Black are very similar and they exhibit their shines kind of the same way. That is why I recommended Blackfire but hey, Klasse, Platinum, Poorboy`s, Zaino, take your pick will also do a superior job to anything that you could by off the rack. We are also perfectionists with our cars and love this Shxit. Hope this puts it a little into perspective.

Bob
    2007 BMW 335i Convertible Sparkling Graphite Metallic

2006 Porsche Black Cayenne Turbo

Post Thanks / Like
    what about using Zaino?

Post Thanks / Like
    For the first time, I`d use Meguiars Swirl Free, Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose, Car Polish`s Final Polish (a polymer) and top with S100. Use S100 every 4-8 weeks, and every other time, either use Vanilla Moose or Final Polish prior to S100. Once a year, use the `first time` steps again.

Anyway, that is what I would do. 4 different products, 4 different manufacturers. Mix and match!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    what do you think about Turtle Wax, or Rain Dance, or maybe some of that new stuff you just spray on with your hose.. (that cars paint in the commercial looked pretty good with it)

or maybe that pink stuff they sell at the auto shows, that stuff works pretty good and lasts a long time too... hey, I tried that NuFinish stuff and it beaded through 52 car washes..

:p Just Kidding...

Scott turned me on to SEPC and S100, theres no turning back now.. although I might be able to get you some Turtle Wax rubbing compound for those stubborn swirl marks... he he

Dana

Thread Information