Post Thanks / Like
    Just how good is Klasse All-In-One? I need something the is easy to apply, durable and will look good on a 2003 black Dodge Ram 1500. This product has been recommended as being much better than Meguiar`s Medallion Premium Paint Protection. Can I use a PC polisher to apply and remove Klasse?

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course you can. You can use a PC to apply and remove anything that is liquid.

These are two totally different products. Klasse is a system that includes a paint cleaner (AIO) and a sealant (SG). The Meguiar`s product doesn`t stand a chance in durability or in protection. There are a lot of threads about Klasse here and how to apply it and what it does. Do a search for maybe something like "Klasse Application" or something like that. It may help you understand what it is a little better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Durablity wise and shine I would go with Klasse AIO & SG. It is alittle more work & time to do the process but well worth it.

or you could give Meguiar`s #20 Poly-Sealant a try. Durabilty is good (not as good as Klasse) & nice shine but a hell of alot easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a good link that describes a good technique for applying AIO/SG.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...ighlight=jimwh

SG is very durable, and as far as shine goes, gives a nice gloss. Top it with a quality carnauba, and consider it a job done!:xyxthumbs
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Slightly Modified) - Black
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - Black Metallic
    2012 Yamaha Stryker - Red Metallic
    2015 Polaris Slingshot SL - Red Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are just comparing Klasse AIO to MPPP, I`d say the MPPP will look better. I`d also bet its durability will be on par with the AIO. But AIO will have much better cleaning ability. You didn`t mention Klasse SG, so I`m assuming you aren`t considering it. But it would change the equation quite a bit. SG is really what adds the look and durability to the Klasse system. Take it out and MPPP can hold its own with AIO IMO...

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno how well you can compair AIO to MPPP

As I am sure you know AIO is a paint cleaner, yes it does leave behind an acrylic base but that is more for enhanced bonding with SG than protection.

I have tried both, MPPP is not a bad polymer sealant that is available locally, but I would pick AIO/SG if I had the option.
    Nothing is quite as fine, as a nice car with a good shine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by StyleTEG

I dunno how well you can compair AIO to MPPP

As I am sure you know AIO is a paint cleaner, yes it does leave behind an acrylic base but that is more for enhanced bonding with SG than protection.

I have tried both, MPPP is not a bad polymer sealant that is available locally, but I would pick AIO/SG if I had the option.

Um, were you responding to my post specifically? If so, did you read it? I believe I mentioned that AIO with SG would change things. AIO and MPPP are pretty comparable as they are both cleaner/protectant products. It isn`t just a prep for SG. SG can be used quite effectively without AIO, and AIO can be used quite effectively without SG, IMO (and in the bottle`s opinion)... So, if I were choosing between just AIO (no SG) or just MPPP as the post originator asked, I`d go with the MPPP. It sounds like perhaps you would too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so far. John at CMA recommended Blackfire polish and then the protector rather Klasse and its sealer on my black truck. I was especially concerned about swirls. I really appreciate all of your help. I have a good history of detailing with Meguiar`s products. But this polymer "stuff" is all new to me. I ordered the $49 Blackfire kit from CMA. Any suggestions for using it with a PC polisher?
    2 white Tacomas and 2 black Harleys. I got half-way smart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard conflicting things about BF (blackfire). It has its pro`s then it`s con`s, both version. I have tried the original BF which shined like a carnauba and sheeted water nicely, like having your car washed during a rain storm. the protection was also there. Lasted for 2 1/2 - 3 months on a car sitting outside 24/7. One major problem i noticed with BF I was dust, it attracted dust like white on white rice.

The major porblem I read with Bf II is the slight smearing some people encounter with it. The protectant that is.

If you have the PC and a 2003 black truck. Use the paint cleaner in the BF kit with the PC and a polishing pad to make a nice base for the BF protectant. I actually prefer to use the PC to apply Zaino or a liquid wax (#26) with a foam finishing pad to SUV`s and trucks because of the flat surfaces. Makes everything go on evenly and quickly.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Aurora40 I read your post and understand it, no need to get offended..

I was simply stating its hard to compair a paint cleaner with a sealant. I wouldn`t use AIO as a protectant period, from my tests/experiance it didn`t last longer than a week.

Yes you don`t need to use SG with AIO, and AIO can be used with out SG (I use it before all sealants), but I would not use it with out something else as a topper.

I also don`t see MPPP being the simmilar as AIO. I have buffed several cars with AIO with good results, but I certinally wouldn`t apply MPPP with the PC. There are simmilarities, but in my opinion they are two different products with different designs and goals.

I think we agree on the situation and the which method to use, but are caught up in the verbage.
    Nothing is quite as fine, as a nice car with a good shine!

Thread Information