Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought NuFinsh several years ago and used it as recommended on my car. I used it several times before I noticed it had begun to eat away at several plastic and vinyl parts on my car. It affected the black trim surrounding the rear window, the strip on the door, and drip molding on the roof. I only noticed it after trying to remove some visible residue one time and saw how it had attacked the trim.

The bottle, which I still have, doesn’t have the warnings that are present on later bottles. Without hiring a lawyer (or staring a class action lawsuit) how can I get them to pay for damages that clearly this product caused? They don’t even have a contact number or email on their website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm you can do it the American way... SUE! SUE! SUE! Say it cost you a lot of distress and there are times when people would make fun of you cause of your damage trims hehe

Oh I'll Bring the Shizzle Nagchampa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is what small claims court is for.
    "Never walk into an environment and assume that you understand it better than the people who live there." - Kofi Annan after his first frigid Minnesota winter

Post Thanks / Like
    You are kidddng...right?

You want them to pay for your mistake of putting their product on the plastic and vinyl trim of your car becuase of your less than careful eforts?

Maybe all car protectants, waxes and chemicals should carry a warning....

don`t be a dumb a**

or maybe we can all use a little common sense!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, unless the bottle said it was safe for vinyl and plastic I think you are 100% at fault.

Post Thanks / Like
    unless the bottle said it was safe for vinyl and plastic I think you are 100% at fault.
    Hey! Give the guy a break

It would be reasonable to expect a user to get the product on areas surrounding the working area. If the product is likely to damage such surrounding areas then there should be a warning - as they are now giving.

They took a risk by not testing the product properly - I have no sympathy for companies who use their customers for testing (without their permission)
    I can`t believe you kiss your car good night.

C`mon baby tell me-you must be jokin`, right!
    Shania Twain

Citroen BX `88, Lomax 223 `85, Citroen 11BN `56

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by butchdave

Hey! Give the guy a break

It would be reasonable to expect a user to get the product on areas surrounding the working area. If the product is likely to damage such surrounding areas then there should be a warning - as they are now giving.

They took a risk by not testing the product properly - I have no sympathy for companies who use their customers for testing (without their permission)

I would not even think of using a product on something that did not say it was safe for it. I will not use a cleaner that says "Safe for vinyl, plastic, and glass." to clean the painted surfaces on my car. Even without a "warning" that says "NOT SAFE FOR PAINTED SURFACES". That is just me though. Live and learn.

A little tip for future. When your done waxing, and you have some on the trim peices, use a trim cleaner like Stoner to clean the trim free from waxes and polishes. Then put a protectant on the trim. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not even think of using a product on something that did not say it was safe for it.
    I wouldn`t disagree about being careful about using products - but if you make such products you have to consider how the average person will apply it - not just fanatical, obsessed autopians
    I can`t believe you kiss your car good night.

C`mon baby tell me-you must be jokin`, right!
    Shania Twain

Citroen BX `88, Lomax 223 `85, Citroen 11BN `56

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by butchdave

I wouldn`t disagree about being careful about using products - but if you make such products you have to consider how the average person will apply it - not just fanatical, obsessed autopians

True...hahaha :doh

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you have plenty of time and money I think your going to be SOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone else had this problem with NuFinish or any other product? What kind of car is it?

I`ve been using NuFinish regularly on a 93 Ford Explorer and my 97 F150 and the only problem I have with the trim is getting the NuFinish on the trim.

Unless it is a problem specific to some model of vehicle, some thing else must be going on here.

Anyway, let us know how you do. And no, I don`t work for NuFinish.

BOB
    73 XLCH Sportster Blackfire and Pig Spit 01 Prius Blackfire 01 330 CiC Original Blackfire and S-100 04 Pilot, Blackfire 06 H-D FXSTBI, S-100

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t purposely apply it to the trim and moldings.

It was through regular application that the product came in contact with the trim. Unless I put masking tape on the edges of the trim it would have been impossible not to get some of the product on these parts.

A casual user of waxes and polishes like myself would have no reason to know that it should not come in contact with the trim. It should have had a warning on the bottle as it does now.

I have fixed most of the trim parts myself now. I pulled the door moldings off the car, sanded and repainted them. I used Back to Black on the black moldings but it has helped little. I will be painting the trim on the roof but the moldings around the rear window are shot.

Note: I don`t think this would be a problem today as most newer cars have trim and bumpers that are painted or better protected. My car did not have painted trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gonzo0903

You are kidddng...right?

You want them to pay for your mistake of putting their product on the plastic and vinyl trim of your car becuase of your less than careful eforts?

Maybe all car protectants, waxes and chemicals should carry a warning....

don`t be a dumb a**

or maybe we can all use a little common sense!

LMFAO :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the reason there are the new warnings on b/c of people trying to do the same thing caus they didnt prep. So whlie you have an old bottle, i dont think you could do much (since they already fixed the problem new). I dont know, just dont think you would get much.

Just prep next time

Jon

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that`s about as bad as using dishwashing soap like Dawn on your car because you heard it would strip wax.

Charles:p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information