Thread: Sheepskin mitt

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a sheepskin mitt from David (Our guru) . I really like it but.... it does not get really sudsy.After I dunk it in the wash bucket then put it on the car and start washing, the suds are almost non existant. Mostly water. I have an older wash mitt that holds the suds like crazy. Should this happen with the real sheepskin mitt?
    2018 Ram Big Horn CTD
    2009 Lexus IS250
    1999 ChampioN 181 Bassboat
    1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh, I notice the sheepskin seems to transfer more suds than the chenile I was using previously. But really, I think the soapy, slick water is more important than suds. Do you wring it out first? I try not to wring it very much. I just run it over to the panel with soapy water dripping out everywhere. Also, is the soap sudsy in the bucket? Did you use the same amount of soap to water as you usually do? Was there more water than usual sittiing on the vehicle (this will dilute the soapy water in the mitt). I really like the mitts from David. They are great and quite cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I got any more suds with the combo of the Sheepskin mitt from David, and Sonax shampoo, I wouldn`t be able to find my car.

Very strange indeed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I think suds are overrated and don`t even try to make them anymore so I can see anything floating in the water. I think as long as the mitt glides along nicely you should be okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you`re not using enough soap??

Maybe get the "EUROW" ones from Walmart--I have had great luck with them....when washing a freshly clayed, polished and waxed car, its so smooth...

Aurora40, I do the same thing with letting the sopping mitt hit the car, in fact I`ll go from front to back on the top of the door near the window lets say, and as I go towards the back I squeeze the mitt a little bit to have those suds drip down the door so its even more lubricated when I finish up the middle/lower portion of the door.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don`t worry about the suds too much, I figure that if I`m using the correct amount of soap/water then the soap and lubrication will be in the water. But to answer your question, I get plenty of suds with my sheepskin and P21s wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blackcaraddict

Aurora40, I do the same thing with letting the sopping mitt hit the car, in fact I`ll go from front to back on the top of the door near the window lets say, and as I go towards the back I squeeze the mitt a little bit to have those suds drip down the door so its even more lubricated when I finish up the middle/lower portion of the door.

LOL, that`s exactly what I do. I try to get it to drip on the car rather than on the ground while I walk to whatever part I am going to wash. That way the car is a little more soapy.

Post Thanks / Like
    hah, tricks of the trade at Autopia!! Where else but here could this kind of knowledge be dropped??

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurora40

LOL, that`s exactly what I do. I try to get it to drip on the car rather than on the ground while I walk to whatever part I am going to wash. That way the car is a little more soapy.
    :LOLOL Count me in!

Thread Information