Post Thanks / Like
    hey Guys

my car looks great (thxs for your help!!) with the full Zaino treatment and topped with two coats of s100

her truck is a 99 Izuzu Ameigo that sits outside all the time and i don`t beleive this truck has seen wax in the last year.. color is maroon - what process do you guys reccomend

I thought i`d strip off all the wax with Dawn and start the Z treatment but i keep reading about Glazing the surface.. I`d rather not use my Z on her truck..

Thxs

wish i had a pc for this but i`m gonna do it by hand..

Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s been outside, untreated, for a year, there is no wax there for the Dawn to strip. If you just want protection and are not interested in rewaxing every month, AND you don`t want to use your Zaino, then give a try to the less-expensive but also excellent sealant such as AIO and SG.

This sounds like a great opportunity for some before/after pics!
    2005 Porsche 997 Carrera S. Mods: ECU, Plenum, Custom Exhaust, Turbo Wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    jcattarulla excellent idea i`ll shot some pics when i get her truck tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Is AIO and SG really going to be much cheaper than applying one coat of Zaino? I`m assuming you already own the Klasse twins then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that thing`s gonna need some work. Slappin on Zaino or Klasse or whatever ain`t gonna cut it. You need some polishing going on. What do you have besides Zaino and S100?
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    look into cleaner/wax from megs it`s all in one.

Post Thanks / Like
    4DSC - nope haven`t tried Klass yet and i don`t have any -n is Klass something i can buy locally or is it like Z and i have to get it on-line?

bretfraz - let`s see other than Z (everything z2,z5,z6 etc) & s100 not too much for the outside of the car - i might have some turtle wax polishing compond (safe for clearcoats), a new medium clay bar from maguiyer`s, car wash, etc??

no1000- i know i can buy that stuff locally but it`s carnuba and i`d have to re-caot every month

Thanks guys - I just might toss three coats of z5 tomorrow and three coats of z2 sunday

Post Thanks / Like
    bretfaz is right, you`re probably going to need some polishing and glazing. Z may make it nice and shiny, but it will also shine up the scratches. Check locally for some (relatively) cheap Meg`s or 3M stuff to polish with first. Since it doesn`t sound like it gets a lot of upkeep, some of your Z will do a good job keeping it protected in between cleanings. Bring on the pics!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooookay.... if you don`t already own Klasse then you`re not going to like having to buy some online. It`s not priced a lot differently than Zaino I think (ie, kinda expensive). What I would do is just apply ONE coat of Zaino if you want to keep it cheap, and it should be good for a pretty long while (reportedly).

You`ll probably want to, at the minimum, clay the truck, polish it with something, maybe Dawn just incase, and apply Z. I don`t like the TW polishing compound myself, but it`s better than nothing and should do the job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks 4DSC

the paint isn`t too bad so i`m gonna add six coats of Z this weekend

dawn

clay

z5

z6

z5

z6

z2

etc....

Post Thanks / Like
    Done

sorry np pics as my dig camara is broken but what a differance!!

we did my dad`s es300 and her tuck with four coats of Z and i finshed the inside as well (12 hrs).

One point - used megs clay (medium) and i wasn`t impressed as i can still see a few things in the paint (she won`t see them) same holds true for my dad`s car - I wonder if megs aggresive would have been a better choice?

Truck - looks great

One more question - she has the hardtop and all i have is AO, Z leather conditioner, Mag leather stuff) what would be my best choice for the top? (303 is on the way but she`s back tomorrow)

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad it turned out nice. I haven`t used them, but I`m not sure I would use an "aggressive" clay on the car unless it`s something really tough like overspray. It`s more likely to leave marring. Did the spots seem to be coming out with more rubbing? I`d just do that instead.

You don`t have any product for protecting vinyl (I`m not sure what this "top" is...)? What do you use on your dash and trim?

Post Thanks / Like
    on the dash / trim - i used some mag. leather wipes. I found that i had about a gallon of Mag engine kote. (i`ll never use that stuff in my engine bay again - too spotty) so i appiled it to a rag and wiped it on the top and mud flaps.. came out great `cept it`s raining for the next three days

Thanks again 4DSC for your advice!!

Best

Bass

Thread Information