Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i`ve been a zaino user for quite some while thinking about switching to conventional wax and polishes... These are the steps and products of thinking about using on my next detail job of my Red car.

Steps............... products

1. Dawn Wash............... Dawn

2. Clay............... Clay Magic

3. Rewash/Dry............... Dawn/Chamois

4. paint cleaning/SMRing............... Meguiar DACP

5. Polish/Clensing............... S100 Paint Clensor

6. Sealant............... ??????

7. Wax............... S100 Wax

Thats the line up i have for my car. I have some pretty good swirls on my car. I heard that Step #4, DACP should take out most contaminations and Swirls, and also i heard that if DACP couldn`t take it out the 3M SMR most likely wouldn`t too, so eliminated that step. Any other product reconmendations for this step?

Also what would be a good polish to use? I chose the S100 Paint clensor because of the S100 wax i chose to use. Anything else someone reconmend for step #5.

As for Step #6, i`m not sure what would be a good sealant to use there, I know Zaino isn`t a good choice there because it requires a really well prepped and clean surface for that. I have gotten other suggestions like Klasse SG, Poorboy`s EX, and Final Polish. Any other reconmendations or critique about these products.

Finally for #6, i have heard that the S100/P21s is an excellent wax, thats why i have chosen that one.

Please feel free to critique these steps and products, Please plug in any extra steps too there i would like to hear from the community before going on and purchasing a new set of product for my body and paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really no need for dawn as amy good car wash will do with your outlined steps.

Check out the proper drying thread in lieu of the chamois.

Polish and wax are personal choices, its the amount of time effort you put into the prep that provides the best results.

Post Thanks / Like
    With the DACP, you plan on using it by hand?

Post Thanks / Like
    The plan looks good to me, and I think DACP is a good choice especially if you`re doing it by hand.

You may want to decide if you really want to use a sealant in step 6 or not, because once you apply it, all you can re-apply to it is wax. You can`t put any more sealant on top of it without some prep. One advantage of going a "traditional" route and using S100 SEC/wax is that you can re-apply both of them whenever you want and probably "refresh" the finish more than just re-waxing alone.

If you do want a simple single step sealant, Klasse AIO is another good choice and will be able to apply over the S100 cleanser. Some other products like Klasse SG may not work because like Zaino they have to be applied on bare paint (or AIO in this case).

Unless you`re successful in getting all the swirls out I have a hunch that your car could benefit from some filling/hiding products. This means final steps that go either:

a)multiple Klasse SG coats with optional wax

b)S100 SEC and/or glaze with wax.

My $0.02

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks fine to me, but I wouldn`t wash with Dawn, DACP will remove whatever is on the paint. I wouldn`t bother washing after claying either. Unecessary step, IMO. Also, if your paint is in good shape, you may be able to go with Swirl Free Polish or Meguiars #9 instead of DACP. I`ve never used Klasse, but I really like Car Polish`s Final Polish prior to S100.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Patrick
    You can`t put any more sealant on top of it without some prep

Hmmmmm.........Ive layered BF....matter of fact, theres several layers on there....I dont want to open a debate, but Klasse accepts layers, doesnt it ?

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, most of this job will be done by hand. I have no experience with any machine nor have any to work with. I do have a random orbital buffer from Kragen. from what i have heard, those things are pretty crummy.

Post Thanks / Like
    your step look good.

use the kragen buffer with the DACP it will cut in time.

i recommend sealent for step #6 for it`s longer protaction then carnuba. and then s100 with enhance the shine on top.

and as for drying the cma BBT is unbeatable, do a search on that.

good luck and take pic to show your work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which type of padding should i use to apply DACP on? And also i haven`t had a chance to to clarify the exact procedures.... With the use of DACP.... Do you just Spread the DACP onto the applicator and buff till it dries or gone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Patrick

You can`t put any more sealant on top of it without some prep

Hmmmmm.........Ive layered BF....matter of fact, theres several layers on there....I dont want to open a debate, but Klasse accepts layers, doesnt it ?
    In step 7 Rednsxe lists a wax. I meant that if he were to use a sealant, and then apply a wax over top of it, he could not just go ahead and apply more sealant right over top of the wax if he wants to scratch his detailing itch.

Patrick
    Gotchya Brian, my bad. I even re-read yours ! Didnt wanna start anything !

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m still in school here .... if he has some scratches, wouldn`t it be a good idea to add a glaze before #6?? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    lynn if there is more scratches why not just remove them instead of filling them with a glaze. if you go the carnuba root without the sealent in #6 the glaze will be good idea . but if sealent is in the steps then no.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I know he needs to remove them via polish. But I`m assuming there will still be some tiny scratches/micromars that a glaze might help to fill in or hide before he goes on to a sealant or wax. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    good point which i didn`t think about.

if this was the case then glaze will be the product but like i said, sealent don`t go good with glaze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information