Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I`ve decided to clean the shelfs and then reorganize my suplies. Took some pics too.

General view:

Some tools, waxes and sealants:

Polishes, compounds, etc:

Dressers, cleaners, etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Collection how much do you want for the Menzerna Synthetic/Carnuba Blend I will probley order some along with Fast Cut and Finial Polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    By The Way here is my Collection

The Top Shelf was all I had time to Organize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice collection JGV, you look like your at about the same stage as me, a good selection of products to suit most occasions!

Im working both mobile and from my garage so I have to keep everything ready to go.

I wont leave the truck packed overnight and I have to be at our contracted site by 8am, so anything that makes it easy to load up is invaluable for when im bleary-eyed and caffiene deficient

*shakes head*

Still cant get over that photo of 20+ unused, still-wrapped Megs pads .. try using one and how crap the velcro backing is and you`ll be askin for a refund lol.

Actually, if anyone has recommendations for a better velcro system manufacturer I`m all ears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Fr0zen

Nice Collection how much do you want for the Menzerna Synthetic/Carnuba Blend I will probley order some along with Fast Cut and Finial Polish.

The price of each bottle is the same, no matter what`s in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Ok thanks,What is in that Bottle on your compounds,and polishs picture it has a little palm tree on has kind of a peach color to it i seen that stuff before how do you like also Do you think that menzernas fast cut will be tough enough to remove deeper swirls and small scratchs the surface on this hood has swirls but if you look close its all these small scratchs thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smoker

Still cant get over that photo of 20+ unused, still-wrapped Megs pads .. try using one and how crap the velcro backing is and you`ll be askin for a refund lol.

How many Meguiar`s pads have you used? How long (years) have you been detailing in and around Meguiar`s pads?

I have used Meguiar`s pads for years and have NEVER had a velcro failure on any of them! Perhaps it is your backing plate that is giving you the problems not the pads! Or, perhaps you are just throwing them into the washing machine. If it is the latter, then failure will occur on ANY pads. I wash them by hand, and let air dry; no problems! Nor have I had problems with my 3M pads!

This thread is simply about showing what people have and the choices that they make. It is not anyone`s place to sit in judgement of others and their choices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Fr0zen

Oh Ok thanks,What is in that Bottle on your compounds,and polishs picture it has a little palm tree on has kind of a peach color to it i seen that stuff before how do you like also Do you think that menzernas fast cut will be tough enough to remove deeper swirls and small scratchs the surface on this hood has swirls but if you look close its all these small scratchs thanks.

If it has a palm tree then it`s one of ClearKote products, either Moose Wax or Vanilla Hand Glaze.

I`ve removed most swirls and scratches with the Fast Cut, only once I had to use something stronger, like the Presta Ultra Cutting Creme, but this was on an Alfa Romeo that was in VERY bad condition, and I wanted to do it faster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ic I will Try to get a pic of how bad the swirls are and you can tell me how is Vanilla hand Glaze and Moose Wax ?

I will be back in a couple of minutes with some pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2hotford

How many Meguiar`s pads have you used? How long (years) have you been detailing in and around Meguiar`s pads?

I have used Meguiar`s pads for years and have NEVER had a velcro failure on any of them! Perhaps it is your backing plate that is giving you the problems not the pads! Or, perhaps you are just throwing them into the washing machine. If it is the latter, then failure will occur on ANY pads. I wash them by hand, and let air dry; no problems! Nor have I had problems with my 3M pads!

This thread is simply about showing what people have and the choices that they make. It is not anyone`s place to sit in judgement of others and their choices.

I`ve gone through about 40 vehicles with this set of pads.

The problem began after the first couple of washes.

I originally thought it was the backing pad, but Jngrbrd bought some Megs pads to use on a non-Megs backing pad and has the same problem.

My pads get HAND washed with liquid soap in WARM water after every use, so no, it`s not the washing machine thats doing it.

Bizarrely Mike Philiips actually admitted the Megs velcro system `Wasn`t very good` and told me to keep in touch as they`re developing a newer, more secure system.

Please feel free to explain that one out .... I`m all ears.

P.S. I dont remember mentioning 3M tho I`m sure I`ll be trying them once these Megs ones are worn out.

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys should try 3M velcro backing plate w/ Megs foam pads :scared it`s like they are loose. Haven`t had any problem with them and Megs plate, though.

I`ve had problems with the Lake Country VC pads, as their velcro surface tears apart from the foam (actually happened twice).

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok here are some pics of the swirls you cant really see this its hard to take a picture of the small grey scratchs you can only really see them in the Shade But anyways here is the pic of the swirls they arnt that deep with some AIO i was able to hide some of them but didnt do really all that much.

How is the Moose Wax and Impearial Hang Glaze I heard Good things about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Bah. Get some DACP and that should do it. You might want to start a new thread though. That pic is a good one for some discussion on how to fix it and this thread isn`t the best place for that.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess this is how my supplies are UNorganized in my trunk. The rest of my stuff is in the garage, but this is what I keep in the car at all times...
    2005 Porsche 997 Carrera S. Mods: ECU, Plenum, Custom Exhaust, Turbo Wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

In use

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information