Thread: Aquapel

Post Thanks / Like
    So my mom does contract work up high at PPG and got me free Aquapel. I tried it yesterday and I got pretty bad streaking. I was wondering if anyone had any tips. I broke the seal, applied as thinly as I could, let sit until it reacted, wiped off with paper towel as directed (I was going to use MF, but opted with paper because I didn`t want to ruin a MF) and it streaked. It rained today, and the beading effect is really cool, but streaked really bad with my wipers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Take your favorite glass cleaner and a MF and clean the window. It will help to remove any residue.

Your not supposed to apply it "thick", just wipe on surface and cover all areas.

:up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Could a poor prep before applying Aquapel cause this streaking?

What product on the market has naptha in to clean the glass prior to applying Aquapel? Can the naptha product also remove the Aquapel if your unhappy with it?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Lighter fluid is a common prep for Aquapel too. It`s cheap and should remove most contaminants. I`m not certain if it removes Aquapel though....

Post Thanks / Like
    I washed my car as normal w/ EF Powerwash + and cleaned my glass with that. Then I went over it with water and MF. I tried to apply it as thinly as possible, but it seemed that a lot comes out at the beginning when the seal is broken- so that might be where I applied too heavily. Thanks for the advice guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that streaking wipers/chattering with RainX or others comes from an uneven application

the area where the wipers rest if not treated will be less slick than the rest of the windshield, when the wipers go to move they hit the slick surface then the untreated surface and skip accross the windshield, after treating the entire surface my problem went away. It still chatters when its in need of retreatment though

Thread Information