Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Weather and time permitting I`m going to make a switch from Klasse/P21S to Zaino next week.

Tell me what I`m going to gain making a switch, I`m posting 2 latest pics of my combo:

Post Thanks / Like
    i`d be happy to take that Klasse from your lineup!
    If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine. - <b>Ernesto Che Guevara</b>

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Nice car! Based on the pics, I would say that your gains are going to be minimal, if any.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can say that you will not have that deep wet look!!
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use Zaino almost every day on my customers car , recently I did the roof of my truck with the Klasse/S100 combo and I think I may have found a new favorite. I have noticed the Zaino has alittle more shine but that is on a silver truck. What`s the exact combo you have on your BMW , did you use AIO , how many coats of SG? Thanks for the info in advance. BTW the car looks great:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Based on those pics I`m with 2wheelsx2. If Zaino makes a difference it would be a subtle one I think. The old carnauba vs. sealant appearance debate gets started from things like this! Heheh.

Post Thanks / Like
    keep what you have, id be satisfied with that. klasse with p21s is a great combo, i wouldn`t change a dang thing!!!!
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    If youre looking for durability, then Zaino is what you want...

However, if your looking for the exact shine and depth with your current combo, you will be disappointed with Zaino.

Ex Zaino user.

Post Thanks / Like
    dude if your not happy with that you are completely obsessed or just looking for a reason to use a new product. Most people only wish their looked like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by thomasfl

dude if your not happy with that you are completely obsessed or just looking for a reason to use a new product. Most people only wish their looked like that.

I suppose you have a point.

Ain`t nothin wrong with a little OCD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Greg

Ain`t nothin wrong with a little OCD.

who on this board isn`t?

I guess I`m looking to try something else as I`ve been completely satisfied with my current routine although a little bored.

What you see on that car is 3xSG in December followed by P21S twice, last in early February. I find working with SG very painful, removal and cure time are killing me and it`s been like that on every vehicle. I`m going to skip SG on my wife`s car and just use AIO with P21S since I`m very happy with that combo.

Bimmer, being my daily driver and I drive a lot, is exposed to the elements a little more than I`d like so durability is a big factor.

What I`m looking for in Zaino is increased slickness, reflectivity, ease of use and the fact that car looks freshly detailed after each Z7 wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am switching from Zaino to the Klasse/P21S.

It is not that I do not like Zaino, I just want to try something different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Based on the front-end picture of your 3 series BMW, I`d guess that you have less than 7k miles on it, right?

A true OCD bimmerphile would know that the entire leading edge of the hood, especially around the "kidney" grill is going to get sandblasted with paint chips after appx 15k miles. This looks really horrible on Steel Grey and black BMW`s. This is so prevalent that I`ve been able to accurately guess the mileage of most of the CPO (certified used) BMW`s on the local dealer`s lot by simply counting the density of the paint chips.

Rather than focus on Zaino vs. Klasse, I`d recommend applying 3M Scotchcal paint protection film (i.e. Xpel, Invincashield, Stongard) to your BMW. I did on my 2000 M Coupe and 2002 WRX, but left off the hood section of my wife`s 2001 330i.

There`s nothing more disheartening to see the paint chipping off your BMW while your applying a coat of Zaino Z2..

Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me more about this 3M paint protection film.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dean,

The car has a little more than 10K miles on it and I already had to fix some chips, one big one on that fender you see. I guess it turned out OK. I don`t like the look of the clear bra on the hood and the fender but I think about putting it on the bumper, the only thing that stops me is the fact that I`m going to install M-technik kit in the near future.

I like many things about Zaino and I`m just looking for some encouragement .

Maybe Detailking can post some pics of his Zainoed Steel Gray, they were always my benchmark. Where are you dude?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information