Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve searched and haven`t found an answer. I`ve been looking to pick up a clay bar locally so I can detail my car tomorrow. So far I`ve only found a kit that also comes with wax,polish and all that stuff. This was at pepboys. I`ve been looking other places but have yet to see just a clay bar by itself. Is there some simple place that I don`t expect that carries them like walmart or some other place?

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright I`ll have to look harder at walmart. I didn`t see any last time. If not I`ll have to go find the autozone around here.

Post Thanks / Like
    ejant, I think Bob is looking for clay all by itself, which is harder to find. I think you`ll have to mail order it or get the Autopia clay, or ask Auto Magic for a local dealer.

Nothing wrong with the stuff that comes with the Mothers kit though.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I can`t find anything I`ll just get the kit anyway. It`s only $17.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are two kits you should be able to find locally: Mothers and ClayMagic. Of the two, I like the Mothers kit the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DavidB

There are two kits you should be able to find locally: Mothers and ClayMagic. Of the two, I like the Mothers kit the best.

Big bottle of detailer and a thing of cleaner wax... and a tiny little thing of clay heh. The box tricks you. I`ll be using the clay, VM, and s100 tomorrow. I`ll be sure to take pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought the Clay Magic today. The bar is really soft, so soft I`m worried that it will stick to my hand and never come off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ShishCoBob

Big bottle of detailer and a thing of cleaner wax... and a tiny little thing of clay heh. The box tricks you. I`ll be using the clay, VM, and s100 tomorrow. I`ll be sure to take pics.
    Actually, even though it`s a bit less clay than the Clay Magic kit and Autopia kit, it should be enough. I did 3 cars with my kit last year. Clay bars don`t get into the "huge" size unless you buy the 200g CM pro bars. Don`t forget to cut the clay in half.

Post Thanks / Like
    Should you fold and kneed a clay piece after each job (up to 3-4 jobs)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Should you fold and kneed a clay piece after each job (up to 3-4 jobs)?

Depends on what you call a job:

I knead a claybar after claying some 2 - 3 square feet

Christiaan

Post Thanks / Like
    Wal Mart now carries the blue Clay Magic (100 g) and a bottle of lube for under $10. I used these Friday for the first time and really liked it but was surprised how soft and sticky the clay bar was compared to what I had been using. It does a great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    clay magic is easier to work with than mothers imo, it picks up a lot more of the contaminatnts on the paint with a couple passes compared to mothers where it takes more than a couple passes. Again, this is based on my experience, it probably works good for everyone else, but i do notice that clay magic is stickier, and not as easy to drop(ive dropped a piece of mothers the first day i had it, i was so ticked). Either way, you can`t go wrong with each one, but if your lucky enough, goto walmart and check the clearance section and see if they have any mothers kits on sale for 5.50.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Thread Information