Post Thanks / Like
    Please don`t kill me. But a month before I found these forums, I used Armor All original formula on my dash......... .......uhhh, just let it all out, i can handle it......come on, i`ve taken a verbal beating before.......almost done?....no?........ok, you made your point.

At any rate, I was wondering if patience and time will allow the gloss to go away. I don`t have any vinyl cleaners or anything like that. so i`m just curious if, you know, the armor all will evaporate....

As a substitute, I have Meg`s (red bottole) Natural protectant. Now, I applied that stuff on my mom`s LHS using a terry applicator and I noticed it was kinda glossy, but I don`t know if it was because I used a liberal amount. I wiped over the area maybe twice, mainly because I was also using the stuff as a cleaner as well. Is it possible to get a "natural" shine with this stuff? Did I do anything wrong?

On a side note, I did find an empty bottle of Armor All Low Gloss in my garage. I`ve used that stuff in the past and it was great. Wish I could find more of it. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Armour All... it is no longer the old silicone formulation that was hyped as being so aweful. The newer stuff is safe - I`m not even a 100% sure the old formulation was that aweful.

If you don`t have vinyl cleaner or all purpse cleaner. Then dry a strong solution is dish washing detergent. Stay away from all the smelly versions or one`s with lotions (Dawn blue or Sunlight) Spray it on, let it set for a few minutes and wash off. That should take care of your Amour All.

What do you intend on using in it`s replacement?
    Too many products ... too few cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Meg`s Natural Protectant (red bottle). Is that any good?

Post Thanks / Like
    303 Aerospace protectant OR my new favorite Einszett Cockpit Premium; both work great for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Calestus

303 Aerospace protectant OR my new favorite Einszett Cockpit Premium; both work great for me.

Does the Einszett product have any UV protection? I like Einszett`s line overall and would like something more matte than 303 but I know that UV protection is the key thing to keeping your interior new looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, here`s what the back of the bottle of Meg`s Natural says:

With one application, you create a perfect "like new" shine. With two applications you can increase the shine and darkness and create a look that goes beyond the standard factory finish.

My question is, when they say one application, does that mean one swipe with the applicator and then immediately buffing with a terry cloth towel?

Also, I`m not really in the mood to spray my dash with any soapy cleaners (unless it`s one Meg`s #39/40). So that`s why I`m asking, will the passing of time help rid my dash of the armor all gloss?

Post Thanks / Like
    Was this Armor All the clear, colourless kind, or was it the kind that comes in a white bottle and is milky? The former is the "bad" kind, the second is perfectly safe.

Armor All Low Gloss is reasonably common up here. Wal-Mart is one place that sells it. It smells nicer than 303, but seems similar in look. I think it may not be as long lasting though.

Buff or no buff, one or two applications, I don`t think it really matters and depends on your dash. Just go with whatever ends up with the look you want.

Sorry I don`t know about the "time" thing. Last time my dash got shined up I removed that ASAP!

Post Thanks / Like
    mix some soap and water in a bucket and wash down the dash...use some water, but not so it is dripping over everything (obvioulsy).....thats what I did...previous owner equipped the car with armor all...For the time being, I`m going with Armor All Low Gloss. I`m not sure how much soap:water you used, but I used just a little, and I don`t think it was enough. Be careful, though...if you use too much, it will dull your dash. Rince after,
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s the white and milky stuff......

Post Thanks / Like
    When did they change from the white milky stuff?

I have that now, and have used the wipes before too. Both seem to ware off after a while,like a week or two.

Jon

Post Thanks / Like
    Acura, my advice would be to try the Meg`s Natural if that`s what you want to use. I`m sure the cleaners in it will wipe away the Armor-All shine. I would wipe it all down with the Meg`s, then once you are done, go back and wipe it all down again with a clean, dry terrycloth towel. That should remove some of the gloss. If the Meg`s is still too glossy for you, you can probably try diluting it with water (or using a damp rag to apply) or just try buying something else. I was never very happy with the Meg`s Gold Class vinyl/rubber stuff, but have never used the Natural stuff. Keep in mind that different kinds of plastics will have different kinds of shines. I can wipe the dash of my wife`s car down with just water and it will be shiny, whereas mine looks pretty matte no matter what I use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well taken. Yeah, I kinda figured that Meg`s Natural had cleaners in it (the stuff smells sort of like Pledge by the way).

I`ll be keeping the Armor All for the wheel wells, although I have the spray foam Armor All as well and I personally prefer that better.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Armor All will work fine if after applying it, you immediately wipe down your dash with a clean cloth. It will leave it with more of a natural sheen. Meguiars #40 has a nice, natural sheen on it`s own.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    The natural shine isn`t a bad product and quite cheap, I prefer vinylex. With the natural shine you control the gloss by how many layers you apply and how much you take off. If you want low gloss add a layer and wipe and buff immediately. If you want high gloss add two layers let sit for 5 minutes then wipe and buff.

Post Thanks / Like
    The gloss will eventually go away after a period of sun exposure. The body shop decided to armor all my car after they repaired my bumper. I was pretty pissed, I don`t like a glossy finish, it blinds me with an annoying reflection. After some sun exposure though it went away. Took a while though.

Thread Information