Post Thanks / Like
    I know this has been discussed before, but maybe somone could shead some light on it again. I LOVE the EX, but as always, I like to experiment. Any thoughts on what I should use to top EX? I don`t want to go the Souveran route at this point, but I was thinking liquid Soveran, maybe PS 21 or something else. I like EX because it seems very compatible with EVERYTHING! Any comments, suggestions, or thoughts would be appreciated!

Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I`m new, What`s EX?

Post Thanks / Like
    OneQuickGT1,

I too really like EX. I (along with others here) have topped with various carnaubas. I have tried both souveran , Trade Secret and s100/ps21. I think you should go with s100/ps21:up . It would give you a great impact:up .

Actually experimenting with applying EX over ps21 has even been tried on this board!!

YOu got to love the carnauba look though of EX by itself!! Try applying it on the wheels. I am testing EX over AIO and SG on the rims and the dust attraction is low (too hard to tell at this point), yet I can say for sure that the cleanup of the rims have become a truely easy task (better than using the klasse combo itself):bounce .

p.s. Steve (Poorboy) recently sent me a new carnauba QD to try. It is called QD+. I will be giving my thoughts on it momentarily (hint; it is a :up ).
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    OneQuickGT1,

What color is your car?

If you have a lighter color I would go with P21S/S100 topper. If you have a darker color like my jet black I would go for the Souveran topper.

P21S/S100 IMHO, seems to do best on lighter colors where it`s reflection/refraction qualities are enhanced. Souveran IMHO, seems to do best on darker colors where it`s deep, wet, liquid qualities are enhanced.

Here is a pic of my jet black 7 with 3 layers of EX topped with 1 layer of Souveran.

I hope this helps with your `topping` decision.

ashsarna,

You must post your review of Poorboy`s new QD, `QD+`! Let us know how it works and acts!

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a dark red car...Any thoughts on liquid souveran, or should I stay away and go with PS21? Steve, if you are listening, send me some of that new QD!!

Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    OneQuickGT1,

I have not tried Liquid Souveran.

Has anyone else tried Liquid Souveran on red?

If you have red or black, I still think it is worth buying Souvern now, or at least the next time it goes on sale.

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have not tried liquid souveran, but try a search (i think there has been some talk about it recently). I can say this, I am running low on souveran (I do not plan on replenishing it until later/or it goes on sale) and wanted to experiment with another wax topper. I had a thread asking that question and the concensus was to try s100/ps21. I have tried it and it looks :up on black. I would guess that LS would not be better than s100/ps21 (either way you win). I personally like to only use paste wax, imo they are generally superior.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that the best topper for EX is another coat of EX.

As I menioned in another post I have three White autos, a Vette, a Park Ave. and a Ford. After playing around with different toppers on the three they now only have EX on them.

Then I got hold of some of Steves Poorboys QD+ to try. WOW!

IMO these two products, EX and QD+, used together are OUTSTANDING for shine, depth, smoothness and clarity. Would like to see what they could do for a Black or Deep Red auto.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sprongs,

I too got a sample of QD+ and applied it over my black volvo (which had AIO,5xsg, 2x souveran) and GREAT:bounce . It really stacks up to other top carnauba qd so far as I have mentioned in another thread where I reviewed QD+. I am going to continue to experiment with it in the sun today and on my silver volvo (which has 2xAIO, 3x EX so far) .
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    ashsarna,

Will be looking for your updated review. I have tried Poorboys EX, QD+ and Natural Look. Very well pleased with all . Hope to try the Pro polish when I need to purchase. Using Meguiars Hand Polish at the present time and have half a bottle left.

Thread Information