Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, I need a little help here, I have a car that I am going to be working on this weekend, Blue Volvo early 90`s. Swirls galore and there is alot of oxidation. A few problems, there is no electricity for a PC also the women is only a little concerned about the paint and only wants to pay for a basic detail and that`s it. Of course I want to do the best job possible but I cannot spend all day without losing out on this, plus the women is not expecting much. I prefer not to wash it and just put some wax on and let it be. I am thinking of going with a three step process but not sure what products to go with, if time wasn`t a problem my choices would be simple. Any suggestions will be appreciated because a few of these products I am thinking of using I have not used in this situation and without a PC.

Options:

SFP or DACP

AIO

UPP or S100

or

SFP or DACP

VM

S100

I also have quite a few other products available in the arsenal, like SMR for Dark, Medallion Paint Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you`ve got to wash it, no question, unless she washed it the day before or something. Not washing is out of the question, IMO.

You need to use the most aggressive product you have to remove the oxidation and swirls, especially by hand. Can you borrow a generator or even one of those power inverters to use the PC? Anyway, looks like the best product you have is DACP so use that.

I don`t see the point in using all those expensive waxes and sealants for a customer that doesn`t care. All the time you`ll spend with the UPP or S100 you could use to wash the car. After polishing slap on some AIO and call it a detail. Its the most durable product on your list and should leave a nice shine.

Cliff Notes: Wash, DACP, and AIO, skip all the other stuff.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with bret on this. If she just wants it done as inexpensively as possible, then DACP and AOI are probably going to be your best bet. If the car is fairly clean, you may be able to get by with QDing it, but washing is better and will remove some of the surface oxidation (your wash pad and towels will end up with some blue on them).
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys sounds like the best way to go. Unfortunately I wasn`t clear about washing the car. I meant that I prefer to do more than just wash and wax. Sorry about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Might want to look into 3M Cleaner/Wax for Medium Oxidation Removal. I haven`t used it myself but from what I read around here it was impressive in certain situations. Maybe some of the experienced folks here might be able to comment and try doing a search.

Thread Information