Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, how can some of you guys stand to leave your cars in a parking lot? I don`t even have any wax on mine yet, and I`m still highly paranoid. (and rightly so ... I`ve been hit-and-run 2 times in the last 3 weeks while I was parked. How hard is it to avoid a ****ing parked car?:angry :angry :grrr ) And though I love my car, it`s not a sports car or anything showy like that. Any suggestions on how to wire directional explosives into the bumper would be nice hint hint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just like Ed said, park as far away as possible, if that is not an option, park between the two most expensive cars you can find. Stay away from Suburbans, vans, large people movers, etc. Those are most likely to have a small child fling a door open into your freshly detailed paint.

Or, never go to the store unless someone else gives you a ride.
    2003 Mazda Protege ES 2.0
    Sunlight Silver Metallic
    very dirty

Post Thanks / Like
    .. this would be why I take the bus to work and leave my car at home. Surrounded by construction cones.

C`mon... who would ever want to attack a car so... *cute*?

My New Car

Post Thanks / Like
    Rae do you even need to park that thing or do you just stuff it in your back pocket

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MAC[H]Z

Rae do you even need to park that thing or do you just stuff it in your back pocket

if I could, I would... it won`t fit into the elevator here at work, though. So sad, really. The birds seem to think that the hood scoop makes a darned good target for practice.

I`ve had a hard time getting to work on time the past week since getting the car - driving it is so much FUN! I can`t wait until the stripes are installed and then I can go after it and give it a full detailing. I figure it`ll take less than half the time that it takes to do the S4...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hire a BIG guy w/jet black sunglasses to stand around your car. Oh dont forget the suit. Has to be dressed in a suit.

Welcome to your new 350 lb Car alarm. Faster than a speeding dazed old lady, stronger than a grocery cart full of sceeming babies....its a brick wall....no its a solid concrete construction barrier.....Noooooo ITS your car alarm!!!

(funny noises and annoying beeps and blips optional, company not responsible if alarm drives off with car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Like everyone says, you just have to put on your walking shoes. My wife will drive around the lot for 10 minutes looking for something close. :nono But me, I can find a spot right off... all the way in the back away from everyone. Honey you`ll just have to walk today. Sorry. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, park far from others. Walk is worth it. Avoid corner spots with heavy traffic. Avoid spots where people walk by (jacket zippers, etc. eeek).

Find the section at work where people are highly concerned of door dings. Luckily there is a corner where I park where everyone else respects each other`s property. Morning emails consist of "I`m on your right", "in front of you", "lookin` sharp".

Long walks in foot high snow in sub zero weather will reveal your dedication.

Shopping carts are evils...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, I park in the back all the time. for the most part, its also some free exercise.

I also see it this way. For me, for example, I have a 96 Cutlass Supreme, that I am obsessed with. But, wherever I go, there is usu. someone that has a car that costs 10x as much, and looks much beter. So if someone broke in, they would take the nicer car. Thats the only way i can force myself to drive downtown in Richmond VA!

Jon

Thread Information