Post Thanks / Like
    I treated my car to some TLC today.

I got my CMA pads on Thursday evening before the long weekend. I bought my pc about a month ago. got a fresh supply of pakshak mf towels, some DACP and some #9.

started out with a wash and clay.

I applied 3 dime-sized drops of DACP to the yellow CMA pad and smeared it on the 2`x2` area.

I turned the pc on between 4 and 5 and started working the DACP. i used slow strokes and fast strokes. light pressure and heavy pressure. in the end, i was able to remove some stubborn stains/scratches :xyxthumbs BUT the main scratches that I wanted to remove (on the roof and hood - can`t feel them with my thumb) didn`t seem to budge at all!

I spent quite a while tonight fighting with these scratches, but DACP and the yellow pad didn`t seem to do anything.

What should my next step be? should I use DACP with a wool pad or should I go to a more abrasive compound? if so, which compound should I use? I know it`s a 3M compound, but I forget the name.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Next step up the ladder is a medium cut cleaner. DACP starts out as a fine cut and buffers down. You need something that will stay aggressive.

Beyond that is wet sanding. Look for the threads by Mike Phillips and Bimmerfest.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If these are just a few spread out big scratches, search for rd_volvo`s tip about using cornstarch as a scratch remover. I haven`t tried it yet, but it`s supposed to work. I wouldn`t try to cut down a whole surface if all you`re trying to do is remove a few scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    these scratches are spread out all over my hood and roof. I`m pretty much going to have to do the whole thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the DACP with a cutting pad, and then if that doesn`t work, using a medium cut cleaner with the yellow pad, and then the cutting pad, if the yellow pad doesn`t work. You will have to follow up the medium cut and the cutting pads with SMR or #9, as there will be some hazing remaining.

Thread Information