Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I FINALLY got done polishing and waxing my car. I got 5 freaking coats of polish and two coats of wax. Using Griot`s Garage #3 polish and Griot`s Best of Show wax and a PC polisher. The pait looks great for a factory Honda paint. I got almost all of my scratches out too. But today I pulled it out of the garage to throw wheels on it and I noticed the whole car is smeared. When I use a MF towel to get the smears off it seems to just smear the smears around. Any idea how to get this off or if it will come off. Also...what the heck causes this?

Thanks!:up

Post Thanks / Like
    what do you mean by remove it? I thought polish came off when you wiped it off?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh i know that. i guess i did not mean i have 5 coats of polish on but that i have polished 5 times.

Post Thanks / Like
    2001civicex- Yikes, sorry to hear about the smearing. I`d guess it`s either:

Incomplete removal of the MP3#. That stuff can be a BEAR to remove! It sometimes leaves behind a thin residue that just doesn`t want to come off. I use Meg`s #34 to aid in removing #3 (and LOTS of good MF`s). If this is your problem, it`s under your wax, so you`re probably looking at a re-do. Letting it dry/cure for a few days MIGHT help- the polish residue will sorta bond with your wax, creating a "cleaner wax" that MIGHT buff off, but I wouldn`t count on it.

OR

Incomplete curing of the BOS. Much as I like Griot`s stuff, I`m not a big BOS fan. Again, letting it cure for a few days and then washing and buffing might help. BOS doesn`t always stay "stable" with multiple coats applied back-to-back, despite what Griot says.

SO..try washing the car after a few days and buffing gently using some QD, fogging the surface with your breath, chanting incantations, etc. If that doesn`t work, I`d get some VM or GEPC, do the car CAREFULLY with that to clean off the smearing stuff and then rewax. BTW, I`d use a different wax. Remember that you can send the BOS back to Griot`s, although you`ll eat the shipping charges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Accumulator! I might have to look into a new wax then. I have to decide what wax I want to use for a black car too. Too many choices.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are two ways to find out if it`s in your clear or wax. Wipe your finger across the paint, if the haze moves around it`s in the wax or you can apply a little bit of wax on one small area and wipe off; if the haze is still there but not in the same pattern it`s surely in the wax.

Just apply one coat of wax, wait 30 minutes to an hour and wipe it off. This method will correct the hazing. Sometimes; depending on the tempature and humidity you just need to give the wax alot of time to dry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I thik it is the wax then cause it smeared around when I rubbed it. And I waited about 45 minutes to take the wax off. I guess it is just griot`s wax is all.

Post Thanks / Like
    What was the day like, tempature/humidity?

On a nice day I can remove Klasse Glaze in 20 minutes and some days I need to wait 2 hours.... each product can be touchy, the product is probaly great but you just need to get the hang of the little quirks.

I`ve got Zaino now, hopefully I can master the little Zaino tricks soon, the bottles are so small and get used up so fast, I can see this getting expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was probably about 50 out when I did it. Not sure cause I did it in my garage.

Thread Information