Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m still a little weary of this product. But it seemed to do it`s job just fine tonight. I had about a weeks worth of desert dust and what have you on my car, nothing radical. No rain or caked on goop really.

As per the instructions, I used 1 cap full per 2 quarts, since I used about 1.5 gallons of water, I used 3 caps, just for good measure.

As most of you know, this stuff doesn`t make your water sudsy or feel slick. (Part of my aprehension).

So I broke out my wash mitt, this time I chose a sheepskin or lambskin or whatever you want to call it.

Did the usual, dunked mitt in water, wrung out till it quit dripping and went to town. I could see the dirt "hover" in the water spots I left behind. Very interesting. So I followed up with my favorite Pakshak MF towel, and just `drug` it along the cars surface to pick up the bulk of the water.

I don`t see any marring from using this stuff, although Silver hides it pretty well even if you do manage to screw your paint up. The one thing I was overly worried about was the sides, yeah the water held the dirt up off the paint, but I had to apply some pressure to my MF towel to guide it along the sides of the car, thusly using more `weight` on the sides than the horizontal surfaces.

All and all, I think it works well, but I`ll probably always be aprehensive of it.

:nixweiss

One bad thing, I found was sheepskin/lambskin sure liked to shed a whole lot more than I was used to with a normal wash. I`m guessing because the friction to the paint was greater than a normal wash, but my rinse bucket was full of floating hairballs and plenty of dirt!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mindflux,

I agree with what you said 100%. I just can`t feel good about a non sudsy or non-lubricating liquid touching dirty paint. I rather use Spray and Wipe or go to the self serve car wash and use Mothers Trigger wash and my cotton mitt after rinsing down the car with the low pressue spotless rinse. With the spotless rinse, I just drive home and 90% of the water is gone by then, all it takes is my waffle weave, no spots. So for me, QEW was not much of a benefit.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am still using QEW on my vehicles when they are moderately dirty. I tried to "wash" more often during the cold months so they didn`t get over the line. Based on Scottwax`s extended testing period (9 yrs?) on some nice cars I trust the safety of the product. What I can`t do is wash as quickly as with a traditional soap and water wash. During the warmer months I first rinse my vehicles with the hose and then proceeded with the QEW. The pre-rinse helps me move with a bit more confidence.

I also like the ProtectAll Polish/Wax as a quick wax for my wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quit being wimps!

Like Mr. Clean said, I`ve been using it nearly 10 years. Do you honestly think I`d use it on $300,000 cars if I was worried about any scratching or marring? I also use two towels at a time to dry-a terry cloth towel to wipe up most of the moisture and a microfiber towel to finish drying.

With practice, you should be able to wash the average sized car in about 20 minutes, including wheels and door jams.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t worry MF, your mitt will stop shedding...... eventually. Mine finally did a short while ago.

I would do it Scott`s way and use medium sized terry bath towels to do most of the drying. When you get a quality, clean bath towel, it really sucks up the dirty water quickly. I found this speeds things up because you don`t spend so much time wiping. (Which reminds me I need to do the "auto" laundry soon.... )

Post Thanks / Like
    It was Scottwax`s testimony that finally convinced me to try QEW. Not having to drag out a long hose is a big time saver for me, and I`m also more likely to keep my car clean if I can do it in 20 minutes. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say that QEW is great on my cars and I plan on using it even during the summer months the way Scottwax suggested.

A quick question Scottwax:

I have been using the two towel method, et they are both mf. Is using a cotton towel to do the first wipe better?
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mindflux-

I think there are 4 quarts to a gallon. So w/ a gallon and a half of water you should use six capfuls.

I use a gallon each time and four capfuls.

I have to say-I like the results better w/ QEW than I do w/ traditional washes.

I wash about every week or two and I have used QEW exclusivly.

Went and used some of Meg`s gold class wash for a regular wash and did not like the results. Streaking, etc.

After a few times, The "QEW way" gets done pretty quick. I tend to devolop a system that makes it go fast.

I am proud to say...I am a QEW convert!

Thanks Scottwax-I owe you a cold one...

DomZ

Hell, I owe you a case of cold ones for the Clearkote heads up...
    A-A-A-H-H-H-H! Is that spot?!?!

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by domZ`sp5

Hey Mindflux-

I think there are 4 quarts to a gallon. So w/ a gallon and a half of water you should use six capfuls.

I use a gallon each time and four capfuls.
    Uhh... 4 qts. = 1 gal = 2 capfuls, one for each 2 qts.

.5 gal = 2 qts. = 1 capful.

Looks like Mindflux is pretty close.

You are using lots of QEW.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

The protectall website lists walmart as a place that carries QEW.. anyone seen QEW being sold there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive already checked. Im pretty sure they only say they carry "Protect All" products, not specifically QEW. I also called all the RV places in my area and none of them carried it, so I got a gallon from www.campingworld.com . I think it was free shipping too.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    The WalMarts located near me (and they are everywhere) carry the ProtectAll Polish/Wax but no QEW. I have thought to ask the manager to see if they would stock the QEW, but have not carried through with that process.

I bought my QEW at an RV center in Mesquite. The campingworld.com reference is probably a good one as their shipping is CHEAP!

Post Thanks / Like
    ...and QEW is...?
    2003 M3 Imola Red, Black Nappa, SMG

P21S GEPC, Klasse AIO, Klasse HGSG, P21S Carnauba

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW

Uhh... 4 qts. = 1 gal = 2 capfuls, one for each 2 qts.

.5 gal = 2 qts. = 1 capful.

Looks like Mindflux is pretty close.

You are using lots of QEW.

Charles

Technically I was on the DOT.

1 gal = 2 caps

.5 gal = 1 cap

I used 3 caps for 1.5 gal of water.

Someone (not you Charles) can`t add :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by m3driverker

...and QEW is...?