Thread: DACP Help

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve done a lot of reading about DACP and the wonders it does for you guys.

My car has a couple serious bird bomb stains, water spots baked on the roof, spidering swirls and some hairline scratches.

I have #9 with CMA white pad. I don`t think this may be enough.

I am thinking of using the DACP followed by the #9 before the #3 machine glaze. (I`ll be claying first).

My questions are:

1) Since the paint is only 2 years old, will the DACP plus the #9 be too harsh?

2) Which pad should I use? CMA orange, yellow or white?

3) Can you ease my mild concerns?!

Thanks guys. :xyxthumbs
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I still haven`t cracked open my DACP yet, how strong a product to use all depends on the simple question, "Does it need it?".

Last year I (naively) tackled a friend`s car which was only 2 or 3 years old at the time, but was so badly damaged it was screaming for something like DACP (which I didn`t have).

Post Thanks / Like
    DACP followed by #9 will be fine on your paint. Check on Meguiar`s site for pad recommendations.

If the bird bombs have actually etched your paint, you won`t be getting them out. They are there for good.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Lemme try and take a stab at your questions below...

Originally posted by Spilchy

My questions are:

1) Since the paint is only 2 years old, will the DACP plus the #9 be too harsh?

>>> The agressiveness of DACP can be tempered depending on pad selection and how much pressure you apply while using it. To give you a gauge, I use it with a yellow Meg pad with considerable pressure, and it hardly makes a dent on any of my light scratches. Note though that I have a polyurethane paint job so I may be more of the exception. DACP on a yellow pad for me works only like a fine polish. Not that agressive at all. It does bring a good amount of gloss to the surface when used with a polishing pad. I have a red car and in all cases, I can go straight to wax after DACP. No hazing or micromarring left behind to be tackled by a finer polish. I just glaze after DACP, prior to waxing, as a matter of preference.

2) Which pad should I use? CMA orange, yellow or white?

>>> Haven`t tried CMA pads, but generally speaking, try a polishing pad first, then move up to a cutting pad if necessary.

3) Can you ease my mild concerns?!

>>> It`s pretty safe and very forgiving. Don`t worry. Just work it until dry and to the point wherein you`re almost buffing out the product. On another point, you may want to take note of geekysteve`s comment that the new batches of DACP may have been re-formulated and has been a PITA to remove. Haven`t experienced this myself but you may want to take note of this.

Thread Information