Post Thanks / Like
    Well.I have been working feverishly on my new black Benz..black is a challenge..when I got my new company demo on Monday...a 2003 WHITE Toyota Corolla. Since we are now in the proicess of building a new detail center at my place of business, I figured "why not make my car a test vehicle"? So..we first buffed out the car with a foam pad glaze and then washed it with a mild car wash soap. I then applied, by hand, IHG...removed w/ MF. Then I applied Meguiars Yellow wax to one side of the hood and Medallion to the other. The trunk got one coat of Pig Snot wax..available at Harley dealers. Both pilaars got a commercial acrylic guickie product called S2000. Now..the roof...driver`s side got one coat of S100..the other, Zymol (Walmart) cream. I am not going to WASH it...just spray rinse with water for one week. We are curious as to what will stick to the car. Right now..after only 2 days, we had a little slush storm overnight and it is currently drizzling. I can already see that the trunk won`t let any snow STICK to the surface..it just sheets off. The S100 side of the roof has such little beads of water , that it looks different from the rest of the car. Both consumer waxes on the hood have medium sized beads of water. The Zymol side has slightly larger beads than the S100. Will update on Monday after a crappy weather weekend.

P.S...if people have other products they would like to have tested in this manner, let me know..I have 2 other sucke...ummm....partners who will let me use thir white cars also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you mind trying a polymer wax. I would like to kow how "Liquid Glass" would hold up. Thanking of using that topped with S100. If not thanks anyways.

I was also thinking about "Pig Snot". my local Harley dealer doesn`t have S100 but they do have pig snot. I wasn`t sure if it was ok to use this on a car because I was told on here not to use bike waxes on a car ( Asked about using "BIKE BRIGHT"). Once again thanks

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ByndCln

my local Harley dealer doesn`t have S100
    You can order S100 direct from Harley Davidson on line and have it sent into your local dealer for you to pick up. No shipping charges should be charged. IMHO, it would be worth the effort to get the S100. You might want to get the S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser as well.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Was searching through the archives, and search results, and came upon this post. Any final conclusions to your testing? Would be very interesting if we could get a final result.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t been really pleased with the commercial acrylic...S2000...didn`t seem to hold up or add anything to the finish. S100 went about 3 weeks with nice beading and shine, then suddenly seemed to disappear. PigSnot held up pretty well...for about 2.5weeks...very slick..good shine..then faded away rapidly. The hood was basically a waste of time..both Medallion and Meguiar`s didn`t make it to the 2 week mark.

I guess that what we discovered is that we didn`t really like anything as far as a detail center was concerned....none of the products we tried held up very well. If we`re charging a customer to detail their car and it doesn`t hold up for 3 weeks, then we probably won`t see them again.

I am now experimenting with acrylics. I have been using Platinum UPP..in various application trials. I am expecting an order of AIO today or tomorrow. I think what I`m aiming for is..

Perfect It III..(if needed)..then AIO topped with UPP. Ship the car and give the customer a small spray bottle of QuickShine and a small MF towel. Instruct them how to wash their car and then how to apply the QS. If the customer`s car still looks really good after a month or so, then I`ve probably got a customer for life.

I`ll let you know what we end up with.

Thread Information