Post Thanks / Like
    Mixed emotions.... I tried it one a black grease spot and it took 90% of it out (my fathers floor mats) and the carpet wasn`t wet but I want to try it on my entire floor mat from my Camaro, they are old and ugly looking.

It is a small, short, slim machine. Doesn`t make much noise, it`s very light and although the soap/collection tanks are small it seems like it will hold enough to do an entire interior.

Heck, if it`s not effective on dirty interiors at least I know I have a mild tool for my already clean car carpet.

Seems to me that it is more about the soap you use rather than the machine itself. The hottest water in the sink wont clean your hands, you can use ice water and a quality soap and it`ll work better.

So far..................so good but I haven`t tried an entire car. We`ll soon see what this little thing can do, if it can do anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    joed1228- Since I slammed the Bissell pretty hard before you got it, I thought I`d ring in. You might find that even when it won`t get out really awful stains ( like if you have to scrub the carpet with some other brush) it can be a good wet-vac for sucking out the solution anyhow.

You`re right about how the solution makes all the difference, and I assume you`re filling your soap tank with HOT mix (they tell you not to, but it didn`t hurt mine). And you`ll find lots of other uses for it around the house.

- Hey, U Missed A Spot - CleanFreak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m thinking of picking one up at Wal-mart since my budget is small right now..I`ve just been spraying the chemical, than scrubbing with a brush and folllow up with a wet/dry vac....

Has anyone else used this Bissell "little green machine"?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have and use the Bissell LITTLE green® ProHeat™ TurboBrush® 1725-1. Here is how I use it:

Vac the carpet to clean off surface dirt.

Mist with Meg. APC+ 12:1, with more on the heavy dirt areas or stains. Scrub with carpet brush.

Extract the APC+ with hot water coming from the Bissel.

Because the Bissel doesn`t have a ton of sucking power I dry with a terry towel and sometimes go over them again with the Wet/Dry Vac.

I got these directions from a banned poster Ron K. of Automotive International (www.autoint.com). I think you might be able to fine the original post. The purpose is to remove the excess cleaner (APC+) because it will cause the carpet to get dirty again faster. The extracted water comes in pretty filthy looking and brown. The water coming out is pretty hot too, not anything over 100 deg. F or anything, but definitely enough to aid in the cleaning IMHO.

This is definitely no professional grade tool, but for the price it is a great alternative.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, make sure you get the one with the ProHeat. I got mine for $85 on sale at target.

~Bob S.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the only one I can find up here in Canada ($98.00cdn)...

Has anyone used this one ? But, I don`t think it`s a proheat. It looks like the pic but not proheat...

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what mine looks like (with Proheat though)

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob S,

How long have you had it and how often is it used?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the bissell and I haven`t had any stains I couldn`t get out. I have tried it on very heavy stains and some oil. I have one other thing to help me, the "mr. tuffy" PC carpet adapter. I use the bissell cleaner with a little oxyclean added and I use hot water when possible. First I use the bissell to vacuum then add some of the cleaning solution to the carpet and spray some 4 Star carpet cleaning solution on, grab the PC, shampoo it up then extract with the bisell. This has saved me time and also my knuckles plus the mats are dry by the time the car is finished which always true for me before I got this, mine is the little green model (no heat or turbobrush) and it was $69. If you are doing 10 cars a week this thing is not going to last that many months but if you are doing a couple a week I am sure it will last close to a year which makes it well worth it, actually if mine only lasts 6 months I will feel like I got my money`s worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had mine for since August, and it has been used about 3 times a month.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to suggest a spot carpet cleaner that can also be used with a machine cleaner. It is called Tech Final Answer. It comes in a 24 ounce spray bottle but is also available in a one gallon container. I have used it to clean many stains, including chocolate. I have not used yet used it in my Hoover carpet cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for all the feedback...I think I`ll pick it up one and give it try...For under $100.00cdn...I can`t go wrong....

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the older model of the Bissel "little green". The only stain that I was never able to get out was juice from a kid`s juice box that was spilled and dried in the sun on a hot summer day. It all depends on what you use for the cleanng solution.

Thread Information