Post Thanks / Like
    Can i use autoglym vinyl and rubber care on the bumper and door mouldings? I`m about to do this right now...

[edit] n/m it`s ok guys. It works fine

Post Thanks / Like
    The vinyl is good but the best product to use is Autoglyms bumper care, it lasts a lot longer.

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Lowejackson

The vinyl is good but the best product to use is Autoglyms bumper care, it lasts a lot longer.

Steven
    Interesting product Steven. I did a search and it seems that Rich likes how it cleans some areas. Its gel format is different too and it says it`s good for all matte (flat) surfaces so I assume it has a low-gloss look? Roughly how long is "a lot longer" for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the instant tyre dressing on the moulding before but since that ran out i just used the vinyl stuff yesterday. The good thing about the vinyl one is you can use it inside and outside. Seems like an all around thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    While at Walmart today I saw some 3M Marine vinyl and rubber restorer/cleaner/protector. Is this stuff any good and how does it compare to 303?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 4DSC

Interesting product Steven. I did a search and it seems that Rich likes how it cleans some areas. Its gel format is different too and it says it`s good for all matte (flat) surfaces so I assume it has a low-gloss look? Roughly how long is "a lot longer" for you?

I think the biggest difference is in terms of how well it survives outside. The vinyl seems to only last a week or so depending on the weather whereas the gel lasts a few weeks or more.

I dont know if the gel cleans more but it seems to look darker (on black trim) than the vinyl stuff, which has a slighly higher gloss. Maybe it depends on where you car lives and what type of finish you want.

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Lowejackson

I think the biggest difference is in terms of how well it survives outside. The vinyl seems to only last a week or so depending on the weather whereas the gel lasts a few weeks or more.

I dont know if the gel cleans more but it seems to look darker (on black trim) than the vinyl stuff, which has a slighly higher gloss. Maybe it depends on where you car lives and what type of finish you want.

Steven
    Thanks for the perfect reply Steven! :xyxthumbs My car sits outside 24/7 and I am looking for a dark, lower gloss look. It looks like I`m tempted to try out another product this season..... :dance

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes autoglym rocks . Cept i have to figure out what i did wrong w/ the ag glass polish....

Thread Information