Post Thanks / Like
    driving up the highway to work this afternoon when a garbage truck 30-40 feet ahead of me just spilled out a huge load of rocks/dirt onto the road.....my relatively new vehicle took a huge load of the rocks and i knew i was struck relatively hard by these rocks. Tonight i examined the damage........NUMEROUS (more than 50) small paint chips on the hood/front bumper......unbelievable!!!!!! I didn`t have any (well...maybe one or two really really small ones) prior to today. i am disgusted....it looks horrible.

any advice?.....i`ve comtemplated 3M invicishield but after numerous posts, i decided against it.

i`m going to call the garbage company, but i doubt they`ll do anything - didn`t a plate # cuz i was behind it and immediately slowed down. on my black car, the paint chips look horrible

Post Thanks / Like
    Pursue the garbage company and they may have their insurance pick up your damage. Got a friend who is an attorney??

Good luck:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have a black daily driver. Sixty mile round trip to work and back every day. My front bumper and the hood have taken some abuse. Anything we can do short of re-painting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Langka Product it Works...Blends the Touch up ..No more Blobs

www.langka.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Langa has gotten several negative reviews here, so I`d suggest doing a search on it: meaning, look before you leap.

As far as harassing the garbage hauling company, consider this: Tony Soprano works in "waste management."
    2005 Porsche 997 Carrera S. Mods: ECU, Plenum, Custom Exhaust, Turbo Wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Talk to your insurance, they can cut you a nice check if you want to get your car re-sprayed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jcattarulla

Langa has gotten several negative reviews here, so I`d suggest doing a search on it: meaning, look before you leap.

As far as harassing the garbage hauling company, consider this: Tony Soprano works in "waste management."

I use the LANGKA with great results...Thats Why I Posted MY Results...I Have been Told By Some Other People that Langka does not Work on Silver...But It Works Great on my Black mercedes...I Also have a 40 mile drive to work so I get my share of Rock Chips..

Find a product you Like and Use it often!

Post Thanks / Like
    Gentlemen (and Ladies) the link is www.Langka.com.

I have not tried the stuff but read several reviews. I would be curious to try it.
    Be Nice

Post Thanks / Like
    after touching up with langka or a pen, would it be wise to put a stonguard 3M clear bra on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    estimate to repaint the hood and the bumper - $1100.00, i am considering it and then immediately putting some stonguard 3M invicishield on it

Post Thanks / Like
    I am getting a 3M clear bra from RockBlocker.com. They have great prices on their kits

Thread Information