Post Thanks / Like
    Good news first. I went down the highway by my school between classes today to see what DIY wash bays I could find. I went down the highway in the direction I never went before. Sure enough, about 3 miles down I found a really nice one, which seemed to be a quiet one to. Its near 70 today and so nice and only one person was there. I then began to circle the building and found 4 power outlets that could power my PC. The lights are flourescent as well. I now have a location while at school to fix the swirl marks on my car with my PC, if I can make it look good under those lights it will look good in the sun!

Better news, right next door, as in a stones throw, as in I could toss a pebble and hit the wall, was a Harley dealership. Lucky me. I strolled in and sure enough I saw some S100, liquid and paste versions. The packaging is very similar to that of P21S. S100 was cheaper too. So I bought some, paste version to match the paste version of P21S I have coming.

My contribution to autopia. I hear alot of talk about S100 and P21S being the same. I decided I am going to do the swirl removal on my car, and then on half the hood put P21S and S100 on the other half. I will then take pics and post them up. Lets see if there is a noticeable difference, or any difference. If its been done already....oh well I am doing it anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet! Good find on that car wash. Sounds like it will work well for ya. I`m going to do the P21S/S100 side by side test this weekend as well. I`ll be doing it on a lighter colored car so our tests will be different enough that I`m still going to do it. I predict that the differences are going to be such that a photograph isn`t going to show them. I would imagine that they will be in application and feel and not so much opticly. We`ll see, eh?
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, we will see, I will go out on a limb and say that with my car being darker, and my camera being very good, we will notice a difference, neither better just different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on that great find.

Like I told you last night, I will be glad to help you figure out the steps you should take when you decide to tackle the project. Gimmie a PM or email when you are ready. :up

:dance

^ Thanks Tony!
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    Volvoguy- Thanks, while I am at it, for swirl removal I will be doing:

FI II, yellow CMA pad

3M SMR, white CMA pad

What are your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t see a purpose for using the SMR with the white pad. I`d clean off the yellow one and use that again. That`s just me though. It depends on if your swirls are gone after the FI II as well. The white pad doesn`t do much for me I guess. Maybe I`ve just ignored its usefulness.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I will go to the yellow with the SMR then step down if needed to the white. Of course as I have said my biggest fear is not being able to rid myself of these swirls. The wait for my products is just killing me.

Post Thanks / Like
    The white pad doesn`t do much for me I guess.

I don`t think I have used my white pad from CMA yet. And I`ve used the PC and various products on a regular basis. I just haven`t felt the need for using the white pad yet. I`m sure the occasion will arise that I will eventually need to use it though.

Thread Information