Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2 month old 2003 Reflex Silver Passat. Ive been using S100 since I got it with the GEPC. The shine isnt what Im looking for I was wondering if there is something else I should through into the mix. I will be ordering a PC Im looking for more depth and glassy reflection. The above combo yielded only "regular" results. I have read the detailing book I need to know which product/pads/speed to use. Ther ist scratches or swirls just not enough Bling Bling

Thanks,

Zack:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Bling Bling is a result of light reflection which is a result of the levelness of the surface.

When you get the PC polish the paint with PI3 or DACP and a cutting pad. 4DSC has excellent PC use instructions so seek them out.

Follow with GEPC and a polishing pad. Then try the S100.

If you still need more Bling Bling you`ll have to try the polymer sealants which reflect more light than carnauba waxes do. Zaino and Klasse are prolly your best choice. Polishing/leveling steps remain the same.

Silver, like most metallics, refract light more than reflect it. You can only get so much Bling Bling from a color like this.

Ultimately you are limited to the quality of the factory paint job. There is only so much shine you are going to get. Make sure your expectations are in line with reality.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think DACP or PI3 is way too harsh of a product to be using on a 2 month old car without any swirls. If you have some swirls, try #9 SMR with a white pad if they are faint or a yellow pad if they are bad. Then I`d suggest applying the GEPC with a white pad really working it in at speed 3.5-4. Then top with P21s. On my 2002 Silvertone Gray Passat, this provides lots of depth and a real wet look.

If that isn`t to your liking then I maybe carnuba isn`t for you. You`ll most likely have to go with a sealant like zaino. It`s going to be tough to get much depth with the reflex silver, but you should be able to get a lot of reflectivity.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    I second the opinion that carnauba isn`t for you and you should try Zaino (a little more reflective than Klasse).

I have quite a lot of experience with light metallics and you won`t get much of a depth from a light colored car. I prefer the look of a synthetic myself. Try following prep steps:

clay

SMR for light colors #39109

GEPC

then synthetic of your choice.

I`m going to attach a pic of a silver accord with multiple coats of Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zackb911- As others have said, once you get the surface prep out of the way (I agree that the DACP is a bit harsh for your situation) it`s just a matter of WHICH wax/sealant your apply. I currently have five silver vehicles and different products can make for DRAMATICALLY different looks. A synthetic (either as a base under carnauba or by itself) will look VERY different from your straight S100. Something like Zaino might be just what you`re looking for, or try a Klasse "sampler" from YoSteve.

Post Thanks / Like
    There isnt any swirls on the car All microfiber baby:-) But I do have some zaino lieing around and also some Klasse SG comming in the mail. I plan on using the GEPC with a white pad then Klasse SG then S100. If this doesnt do what I want ill break out the old Zaino... Am I on the right path to perfection now guys??

Zack

Post Thanks / Like
    In my experience with my silver car, I think multiple coats of Klasse SG with a wax topper has given it a very wet and glossy look in my opinion.

Have you tried searching for "silver" with "klasse", "zaino", "carnauba", etc? I found this was a great way to get opinions on what people thought of different products on silver paint.

Thread Information