Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sick of hoses that kink and sick of untangling the knots in the hose. I`m ready to make an investment in a decent hose reel.

Any recommendations....web sites...stores...anything would be greatly appreciated.

This site has provided me some really great information on many products and techniques these past few weeks and I` really appreciate the help you knowledgeable folks are passing on.

THANKS!!!! JimS
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one of those wheeled plastic reels at Home Depot. A critical piece broke off after a few uses. Now its just a storage reel for my 150` hose. It`s basically junk.

I think I`m going to buy one of those metal wheeled reels they`re selling at Sams and Costco. They look like this:

They hold 300` of hose, lots more than I need but at least it won`t fall apart on me. Price at Sams is about $50.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bretfraz that is a serious looking hose reel. Do you know who makes it?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by edschwab1

Bretfraz that is a serious looking hose reel. Do you know who makes it?

Eric

No idea but I`ll swing by Sams and get one and report back.

Post Thanks / Like
    at Griots Garage but $50 is a whale of a good deal.. but the Griots one is RED... calling RedCar Guy.. anyway, I have one of those plastic ones and they just dont cut the mustard... esp if you are going to get a real rubber hose. those things are tough and heavy..

Bretfraz, we are counting on you.... make sure you go by Costco as well? ok.. I know you dont like Costco but I am twisting your arm on this,,,

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to ebay last night and there`s one just like the one pictured above with a buy it now price of, if memory serves, $79. JimS.....going to do my 4th coat of Zaino today!
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dboat

at Griots Garage but $50 is a whale of a good deal.. but the Griots one is RED... calling RedCar Guy.....

Yesssssss you called

Yep I liked the one the griots has a well but the price is to high for me on that one... I am still looking at many difff ones, maybe some day we will have this figured out!?:xyxthumbs
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had it with those junk plastic crank up reels, too. So 2 years ago I bought a self winding reel/storage unit from Home Depot for just under $100. So far it has worked perfectly. Easily handles 100` of 5/8" rubber hose, plus it`s a cool gadget! When you`re done with the hose, just pull a lever & walk away as the unit automatically winds up & stores the hose. Cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dboat

Bretfraz, we are counting on you.... make sure you go by Costco as well? ok.. I know you dont like Costco but I am twisting your arm on this,,,

Dana

Awwww Dana.... do I have to go to Costco???? I mean, its been so long since I`ve been there.... like, oh, 2 days.

OK, OK, I`ll take the bullet for Autopia and go to Costco too........LOL

Oh the sacrifices I make for my fellow Autopians......:sosad

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bretfraz

Awwww Dana.... do I have to go to Costco???? I mean, its been so long since I`ve been there.... like, oh, 2 days.

OK, OK, I`ll take the bullet for Autopia and go to Costco too........LOL

Oh the sacrifices I make for my fellow Autopians......:sosad

Oh Thank you, Thank you Bret..

LOL Dana

by the way, does everyone agree that it needs a feeder so that the hose does NOT get tangled and wrapped over itself? I want it to go back and forth across the cart so that the hose is wrapped in it nice and neat.. (not sure if I explained this very well)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I survived another trip to Costco and believe it or not, I didn`t buy anything. I did eat all the free samples of food.... cole slaw, cheese ravioli, clam chowder, sirloin steak sandwich... I think that`s all I ate.

Anyway... hose reels. The Costco one has the John Deere look goin` on with the green frame and yellow wheels. The Sam`s Club one is in the pic I posted. Both look almost identical except for color and both cost about $50.00.

The Costco reel matches the color of my car (dk green) and the color of my lawn mower (yellow) but the Sam`s reel matches the color of the bricks on my house (its 4 sides grey brick with black shutters). So I am at a quandry as to which one to buy. But both look nice and more substantial than those cheap plastic reels.

Hope all this helps. Happy Hose Reel Buying!!!

Your friend in Autopianess, I remain,

Bret Fraz

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

Has anyone tried that coiled hose from Groits?? I think it would certainly solve the hose reel problem and it just looks cool too . I was just gonna buy one of those, unless anyone knows of anything extremely wrong with them....:nixweiss
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    I got that Costco hose reel the other day and assembled it. This thing is awesome!!! Took about 20 mins or so to put together. Its really heavy duty, can hold 200` of 5/8" hose, comes with a little basket to hold nozzles and such, really the whole 9 yards comes with this baby.

Here`s a pic:

That Eagle One banner (yeah, its a little crooked) came off a trash barrel in the Daytona infield. All the barrels had some kind of advertising on them but only a few with the Eagle One brand. The banners were clearly sponsored by Ashland as they all promoted Valvoline products, Zerex antifreeze (I`ve got one of those too) and Eagle One. Its heavy vinyl with velcro ends to wrap around a trash barrel.

Please ignore the wheel/tire collection and the dueling lawn mowers. I need to figure out what I`m gonna do with this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    now that you have had this hose reel for awhile.. are your endorphins still at a peak? in other words, still pretty happy with it? I say it at Sams yesterday and almost bought it... but I wanted to hear from you first.. my only issue is that I like the hose to wind up without getting all wrapped around itself.. this doesnt have an auto feed to keep the hose coming in... also, is it stable when rolling up the hose? or do you have to hold it so it doesnt fall over? how much hose do you have on yours? I see that is can hold over 200 ft...

Thanks

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I still like it. Since I have only one car parked in a 2 car garage I have plenty of room to store it but it is bigger than most all those wheeled plastic reels at the home improvement stores.

I kinda wish it did have a guide to wrap the hose evenly but I just use my hand to guide it while reeling and its fine.

Its plenty stable. Where my spigot is on the side of my house the ground is banked so I have to wedge my foot under one of the tires to keep the reel from rolling away from me. But it won`t fall over or get tippy.

I have 150` on my reel.

I give it 2 :up :up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information