Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    The plastic on the bottom of my Passat when perfectly clean is whitish (not good). So to help combat it, I literally paint on SG onto it. It makes it clean black, somewhat shiny, and it beads nicely.

Might be something to try out if you have cladding and have SG lying about.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one, I am getting pretty excited to use the rest of the stuff I got from you last year, that idea will use up the rest of my SG.

I just need to wait a few more weeks for the salt to get washed off the roads and the weather to stay in the 50s.

Post Thanks / Like
    YoSteve,

should we apply AIO to the plastic first (I too have the whitish plastic that I ussually need to bring to a black color again with a rubber/plastic conditioner) or go straight to the sg? I did not realise that sg had any cleaning/conditioning ability. Thanks.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    steve can u take a pic of this? not too sure what u mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aha! Once again, YoSteve and I are both doing something the same, unusual way. I use the AIO/SG regimen on LOTS of black cladding/trim. Doesn`t attract dust, streak in the rain, or otherwise behave like an ERV dressing.

The black plastic (lightly pebble-grained) cladding on the rocker panel area of my WRX is a perfect example, as is the black plastic trim piece between the hood and the windshield on the MPV. Black/gray plastic grills, sideview mirrors, the list goes on and on. I`ve even used AIO (very GENTLY) to clean rubber bumper facings. These days I hardly ever use ERV dressings for anything except tires and undercarriage rubber; I use either Klasse or a straight wax.

I use the AIO to clean the trim/cladding first. It hasn`t left an undesirable residue (like the "white staining" from Blitz) on anything I`ve tried it on yet. It DOES clean the material well. Like YoSteve, I put the SG on pretty thick and I let it dry a long time. Brushes can be good for applying/removing both the AIO and the SG (this surface is usually tougher than paint, so scratching is less likely).

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    oops, sorry long time no answer.

um yeah, I`ll take pics

You can use AIO to clean, but I usually just scrub with a brush or whatever. Actually this time around, I used some EFHI to clean it because it just got torn up this winter, so I figured I`d go heavy duty. After I was done cleaning it looked good until it dried, so I knew I had to hit with some SG on a lot thicker than I usually (I think the rougher the plastic the more you should put on).

It does what it says, it seals it up.

Acc, you scare me :scared
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailed my Jetta yesterday for and tried it out, the Sg really did give the plastic a nice look.

Thread Information